WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Excellent location, classy rooms, don't expect a ton in the service area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni

Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
Ranked #11 of 422 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent location, classy rooms, don't expect a ton in the service area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Pros:
- Excellent location. There is simply no topping it. 2 min to Ponte Vecchio and all the other major tourist sites. Surrounded by luxurious boutiques. Good restaurants in the area.
- Indoor and outdoor sitting area in one of the towers with breathtaking views of the Duomo. Tea is free. I just wished we had time to utilize the space more.
- Comfortable rooms with tasteful decor. Everything functioned well. In fact, I can't think of a single thing that I would like to have changed.
- Great breakfast area with outstanding city view. Breakfast spread is wonderful from warm food, pastries, yogurt, fruit, etc.

Cons:
- While the employees are cordial and efficient, I will say that the hotel is a bit undermanned for this price range, and thus the front desk's demeanor is a bit brusque. Be prepared to carry your own luggage, don't expect high quality concierge service and you'll be much happier.
- No front desk service after 10pm. Would be tragic if you forgot to grab your keys, etc.
- My husband wanted to enjoy the beautiful views from the terrace at breakfast, but was harassed by pigeons. He joined the rest of us indoors for the remainder of our stay. The breakfast servers could also be a bit on the slow side, they seem to be undermanned as well.
- The same trombone player played in the piazza below our room every evening. We found the performance quaint and romantic the first night. Unfortunately the guy had an extremely small repertoire consisting of "Godfather" theme song and "Danny Boy", so by the third night, we felt tired and impatient...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Aquavanguard
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Aquavanguard,
thanks a lot for posting your comment on Tripadvisor.
I appreciate the analysis of pro and cons you made and I'm happy that at the very end the valuation is excellent; at the same time I'll take the opportunity to give more information to all the Tripadvisor's users; infact Reception closed at 10.00pm but we have a night porter available for emergencies so don't worry: you could forget the key without any tragic situation because our porter will be happy to open you the front door!
I hope to welcome you in a next future and please feel free to contact me directly.

Maria Rita Bellini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at this wonderful little hotel for 3 nights in July 2014 - had high hopes based on the tripadvisor reviews and photos we had seen, and this place exceeded our expectations. The staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly, and a special thanks to Lorenzo the barman for his great G&T's. The views from the 2 rooftop terraces are second to none - both of the city and the beautiful Duomo, as well as the Arno River - perfect place to relax and watch the sun set over Florence. We could even see the Duomo from our bedroom window. The breakfasts included in the room rate were absolutely DELICIOUS! Thank you all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RandWjhb,
I should thank you for the kind comment posted on Tripadvisor.
I'm extremely happy to see that the Antica Torre Tornabuoni exceeded your expectation and I believe that your opinion will help many other travellers.
I'll invite Lorenzo to read your message and I can say he will be enthusiastic.
Please contact us directly everything you may need.
Warmest Regards,

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I am an international author and my wife and I return to Italy every year. Firenze is of course breathtaking to visit and the Tuscan surroundings. And I know of no better hotel for location, classic classic interior and amazing staff and, and, and….Trust me, this hotel is a wonder and romantic. Here is the url to see my full review on this hotel and Florence

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Noah b
Dear Noah b,
I cannot say thanks enough for the wonderful comment you left on Tripadvisor and much more for what you publish on your web page.
I'm grateful, from the bottom of my heart for your words: grazie.
As you come to Italy every year I wish we can welcome you again on the next so, please contact me directly in order to assure the best available service.
Grazie,

Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This small hotel near the Arno was recommended by a friend and did not disappoint. The location is excellent, the rooms comfortable and spacious and the service superior. Martina at the front desk could not have been more helpful to the five of us. She made excellent dinner reservations and was always willing to help. The views from the terraces are the best in Florence. A great morning breakfast with a wonderful staff. We highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank OhioBuckeye1215
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear OhioBuckeye1215,
thnaks for sharing your experience about the Antica torre Tornabuoni on Tripadvisor.
I'll thank personally all the staff and obviosly I'll congratulate Martina which took a good care of you!
I wish you can come back in Florence soon and I invite to reserve directly in order to have our warmest welcome.

Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed the first night of our honeymoon on 20/06/2014 here. It is the most wonderful hotel. The staff are second to none. We were taken to be shown our room and the roof top terraces personally by Maria. We were simply stunned by our room having its own terrace and a complimentary bottle of a Prosecco waiting for us to celebrate our nuptials. I nearly cried when I saw this!

The views from their terraces are simply superb! The staff were so kind, friendly and very professional. We would certainly return here if we are lucky enough to visit Florence again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pennyal
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear pennyal,
Thanks you for choosing the Antica torre Tornabuoni for your honeymoon.
We are glad to offer a bottle of champagne for such a great celebration and we will be happy to offer a special teratment if you'll decide to spend your first anniversary with us.
Please feel free to contact me anytime directly.

Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Antica Torre di Tornabuoni is situated at one of the best spots in old Florence. Overlooking the Arno River, near the main attractions such as the Uffizzi, and in front of the main Ferragamo store at the fashion street, this former nobility estate turned into a boutique hotel gives you all the comfort and the convenient access to enjoy Florence. The room is spacious and the view over the river is pleasant and soothing. The staff is very attentive and the concierge gives you a knowledgeable advice on restaurants and places to visit. Some excellent restaurants are situated at a walking distance from the hotel and you can hardly get lost in town having the river Arno as reference point. By its location, comfort and classical atmosphere, this hotel is an excellent center for exploring all the marvelous attractions of Florence.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank Edmundo F
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Edmundo F,
thank a lot for the kind words regarding your recent stay with us.
I'm extremely glad you appreciate the location, as well the staff courtesy and the room style so we invite to return and visit us on your next visit of Italy.
I recommend to book directly in order to offer the best available service.
Kind Regards,

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I spent five nights at this wonderful hotel - it may be rated a 3 star accommodation, but it delivers 5 star service, charm, ambiance and views! Located right on the Arno River, Antica Torre is in the heart of the fashion district and feels very high-end and luxurious without being expensive. The continental breakfast is divine and is served every morning on a small terrace overlooking the River. A staffed bar is also available all day/evening and offers an indoor air-conditioned setting, as well as TWO roof-top terraces with absolutely stunning views of Florence - the Duomo and the River. Almost every evening at sunset, we would enjoy cocktails on the roof, overlooking this magical city. The rooms are very comfortable with beautiful décor, lots of air-conditioning, picture windows (if cool enough you can just open your window and enjoy the city sounds) and the bathrooms are up-to-date and very modern. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
2 Thank Chopper088
Dear Chopper088,
"grazie" for sharing your experience with all the Tripadvisor community.
I'm glad you felt like in a 5 star hotel but I'm proud to inform that we have no stars because we are an historical residence so we are part of the Florentine Historical Heritage.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and in case of reservation, pleas feel free to contact me directly anytime.
Kind Regards,