“A Wonderful Stay in Florence”

Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
Ranked #11 of 421 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“A Wonderful Stay in Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

When travelling with a family, it's always nice to have a bit more space, and an extra bathroom! We stayed in the Renaissance Suite, which was beautiful. Breakfast is served on the terrace which has gorgeous views over Florence. The staff are incredibly helpful and extremely knowledgeable. Although a suite sounds expensive, it was still less than the cost of two hotel rooms. This hotel is ideally located, within a few steps of the Arno and the Ponte Vecchio. It is also only an easy ten - minute walk from the railway station. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cazwinkie
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Cazwinkie,
Thanks for posting your comment on Tripadvisor.
I'm glad you feel comfortable and that the room was suitable for your family, especially, our Renaissance Suite has 2 huge bathrooms, one with bathtub and the other with shower; so it's the perfect sulotion for families.
I wish to welcome you back a next future and I'll take the opportunity to offer the best available service.

Maria Rita Bellini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We were a short walk from all of the main sites in Florence. Wonderful views from the rooftop terrace and from the terrace off of our room. Breakfast was a treat. Staff very helpful. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Roni S,
I would like to thank you for the kind words regarding the recent stay at the ANtica Torre di VIa Tornabuoni 1.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome again in Florence and please, feel free to contact me directly in case of reservation.
Kind Regards,

Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Florence is of course a magical place, but where you decide to sleep, hang out or relax away from the bustling culture it is important (to me anyway) to return to a place where you can relax and reflect. I looked at quite a few hotels and they seemed dated and over priced. Then I logged back on to tripadvisor and found Antica Torre. Right in the city’s heart, this hotel oozes class. My room was huge, stunningly decorated and wonderfully equipped. You feel like you’re in an historical building and you feel looked after and respected. Antica Torre is utterly wonderful and heavenly.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Solsbury81
Dear Solsbury81,
thank you for the kind comment posted on Tripadvisor.
Your experience is the perfect example of how your reviews will be useful to all travelers who decide to visit Florence.
I'm sure that your review will be invaluable to many other readers, and we hope to be able to sleep again at the Antica Torre di VIa Tornabuoni 1.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were lucky enough to stay here for 12 nights in connecting rooms 101 and 102 with our three young children. There’s nothing even resembling a complaint that I can think of. Highlights:

Location: It’s a perfect base for going anywhere in Florence. We could see both the Duomo and the Arno from our 5th floor rooms. We loved opening the windows onto Via Tournabuoni and listening the music from the street or the Santa Trinita Bridge.

Breakfasts: We loved the upper floor and patios with the views of the city, and to be able to eat breakfast here every morning staring at the Duomo was great. Latifa was a joy to see every day. She always had our cappuccini ready, talked at length with our kids and gave us great suggestions. We miss her! And the food options were better than I’ve seen anywhere else in Italy.

Sleep: We all slept incredibly well.

Service: We didn’t need to ask much, but they always had the answers when we did. And somehow we managed to leave a few things in one of the rooms while checking out, and they immediately shipped them to us.

Stay here. Don’t look anywhere else. It will be one of the highlights of your trip. I would put it on my short list of best hotel experiences anywhere in the world, including the Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai and Al Ponte Antico in Venice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelBabbo
Dear V Traveler,
I should read your comment a couple of time and I should admit that I'm so proud about my staff!
I'm glad you had the opportunity to stay with us for 12 nights and it's such a pleasure to hear that everything was perfect, from the location, to the quality of the sleep, to the breakfast (Latifa is adorable), and the service - friendly but never intrusive.
I'm honored you put the ANtica Torre Tornabuoni on the short list of the best hotel experiences anywhere in the world.
Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit of Florence and I?ll be happy to assure you the best available service.
Best Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed as a family in the panoramic suite overlooking the Arno and the Ponte Vecchio and it was a "wow " stay. What a place and what a view! The tower house built in the 13th century is conveniently located at the corner of via tornabuino. Atmosphere is elegant, refined and charming. The terraces at the roof offer a breathtaking view of the city especially at night. The breakfast is okay (maybe could do better). Loved this hotel and will come back if I'm ever in Firenze again

Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Moon B
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Moon B,
thank you for the kind comment regarding your recent stay with us.
We are proud you felt comfortable in Panoramic Suite and if you are coming back in Florence we will do our best to improve the selection we offer at breakfast.

Maria RIta Bellini
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for my wife's 40th Birthday. As soon as we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. The hotel is yards form the Ponte Vecchio and as Florence is quite a small city you are within walking distance of everything. The hotel is perfect for a long weekend. There are not may rooms therefore everything is peaceful and you are given a level of personal service that you would just not get in a large hotel. As soon as we arrived we were told we had been upgraded at no extra cost. The rooms are perfect and if there is anything you need the staff will have it with you as soon as possible. The staff genuinely make you feel very welcome and have a natural talent at being attentive without being intrusive. I have got to mention our barman who was just excellent. The biggest thing for me was the difference in attitude from the bigger hotels in that I got the feeling that this hotel wanted you to have a great time rather than just trying to make money out of you. The attention to detail was excellent- each evening we came back and the bed had been turned and sllppers placed at the foot. On my wife's birthday we came back to our room to find that they had left a bottle of Prosseco and a card wishing her Happy Birthday! I don't think I need to mention the view from the roof terrace as it goes without saying that I just cannot do it justice. In summary if you choose any other hotel in Florence you are missing out. Thanks to all the staff for a great weekend in Florence.

Colin and Leanna Keefe

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank colinkeefe
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear colinkeefe,
there are no many words to thank you enought for the words you spend about all the staff.
I should admit that is very easy to offer a personalized servcie if you have only few rooms, but at the same time, I should admit that all the staff make me feel proud everyday for the passion and the warm sense of ospitality.
We personally enjoy welcoming our guests, we wish to reinvent the concept of hospitality, and we have the inspiration to provide the warmth of home in every detail.
I really look forward to welcome you again and please contact me anytime directly.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I almost don’t want to write this review, because I selfishly want to keep this hotel hidden just for me! This was the most amazing place we’ve stayed on several trips to Italy. The combination of not one but two breathtaking rooftop terraces, lovely rooms and bathrooms, a delicious breakfast buffet, and most of all every single person working at the hotel we ran into, from the woman who explained the elevator layout to us upon check-in, to Martina and Ginerva who answered emails and were so nice with restaurant reservations or bus help, to the man we interrupted cleaning our room, and especially the young woman who serves tea and caffe with a smile in the mornings and Lorenzo at the rooftop terrace bar (which I visited regularly) – everyone made you feel relaxed and at home. Maybe that’s part of why we had such a great time in Florence. The location is superb – 10 minutes to the Uffizi, 30-minute downhill walk back from San Miniato. We ate two times at a low key, inexpensive place with great food- Il Gatto e la Volpe but most of all enjoyed the ability to get a delicious sandwich/salad right on the rooftop terrace of the hotel. But don’t take my word for it and stay here, because I don’t want to find this hotel completely booked when I plan my next trip to Florence!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GwenC10
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear GwenC10,
I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful words you spend about the Antica Torre di VIa Tornabuoni 1.
I'll be happy to thank all the staff for making always such a great job and your words will motivate them to make always better and better...
I'm happy you find delicious our sandwiches and salades - we make it all fresh and we also bake the bread at the moment, the ingredients are local and organic!
I'll try to keep the Antica Torre secret for you and please call me directly in case of reservation so I'll always find a room for you!
GRazie,