Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
$385
$327
$273
  • Restaurant
Il Guelfo Bianco(Florence)(Great Value!)
$227
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
$618
$600
1,210 results
All reviewsrooftop terracesarno riverhonor barhonesty barsanta trinita bridgerenaissance suitehonor systemcentury towersalvatore ferragamogreat terraceperfect locationwonderful hotelboutique hotelevery morningbreakfast roomdeluxe roombreakfast is served
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Florence after spending 4 nights at Antica Torre. We found the historical property in one of the best locations in Florence. Located on the river Arno our room faced the river and had beautiful views of city, hills and people, people, people. Great to open our window early in the morning and late afternoon to get some fresh air and enjoy watching the hustle bustle of Florence ( room #105 ) on the 5th floor. As others have said: the views are very nice. The best of the views is from the rooftop - a great place to take some special photos. The service was very good and they were very attentive to our needs. The only thing I found a little different was they closed their reception area at night. I think it was 10:00PM - 7:00AM? Really did not bother us, just not use to that. Breakfast was nice and again eating with the views was very relaxing - great place to meet others traveling. Location, Location, Location - everything seemed to be very close - lot of eateries, museums, churches and of course shopping or the bus station was only 10 min. away to catch tours, etc..

Room Tip: Again, # 105 on 5th floor ( they # a little differently). Saw a peak of the suite next to us on the corner and it was a winner. Sorry, don't know the room #.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear stevemathis,
thnak you for your kind comment.
It's a great pleasure to have the opportunity to inform all the Tripadvisor's readers that Reception is actually open till 10.00pm but, as many hotels in Italy, during the night we have a night porter available for emergency and anyway, for all the guests' need.
I llok forward to welcome you again in the future, and please, feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

One might expect a lovely hotel located in the heart of the fashion district to be stuffy and/or haughty, but nothing could be further from the truth. We found ourselves not only next to the Arno River, but within easy walking distance of EVERYTHING we went to Florence to see. Most importantly, the warmhearted staff at this refined hotel could not have been more gracious! On the rooftop (terrazzo) we enjoyed wonderful breakfasts, afternoon cocktails and lovely, quiet views of this spectacular city. When we return to Florence, there is no question that we will return to this fabulous "home!"

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jsh35715
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear jsh35715,
thank you for the comment!
We all love our job and much more we adore the Antica torre di Via Tornabuoni 1 so it's such an easy thing to open our arms in a warm welcome!
Please, feel free to contact me anytime and if you are coming back to Florence, call us.
Yours Faithfully,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Vacationed in Florence for 8 days with my husband and had the most amazing experience at Antica Torre. What a wonderful little boutique hotel with amazing service, first class accommodations and breathtaking views. The breakfast every morning was a feast - coupled with amazing cappuccino. The entire staff here speaks wonderful English and always have a smile on their face. So helpful with dinner reservations, and booking tours. The room (deluxe library) had such a great view - was immaculate, comfortable and the bathroom with separate shower (and water pressure to die for) will please any American tourist. I could live here, at Antica Torre AND Florence forever. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
tornabuoni_1, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear 2dogsinmd,
what a comment!
I'm really proud to read your experience at the Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni 1 and I want to thank you for all the positive points you mentioned.
I really wish to welcome again at the Antica Torre and in your Florence.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The good- it's a nice boutique hotel at a great location, with a rooftop which has views to die for and super helpful service. Good breakfast and again, did I mention the rooftop views? The view of the Duomo while having breakfast and late night tea was just awesome!

We had some small issues with the bathroom- could not get the flush to work properly and there was a problem with the hot water. The water would either be too hot or just cold- not a good experience in the cold weather of Florence in March! They did fix the flush, but could not do anything about the hot water. It took a lot of adjusting, every time we showered.

Other than that, it was a great experience!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank arunimap
tornabuoni_1, Direttore generale at Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear arunimap,
thank you for sharing your experience with many other travellers around the world.
I'm glad you appreciated our service, the location and the views and I'm sorry if we couldn't solve in time the problem with the temperature of the water but I thank you for informing us in time.
I look forward to welcome you again i nFlorence and I'll be happy to offer our best available service.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We only stayed here for a few nights whilst touring Italy but enjoyed our stay very much. The staff couldn't do enough for you, the food was excellent and the rooms very comfortable. The views across the city were fantastic. This hotel is very central - perfect for exploring the city and an excellent choice for us. The shops are bit too tempting though!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sparkly F,
grazie for expressing your comment regarding the Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni 1.
We are glad you appreciated all our peculiarities, including the big temptations which are the shops around us; in fact, Via Tornabuoni is the most fashion street of the city!
I look forward to welcome you back agaion in a next future and please, feel free to contact me directly, in order to serve you always our best treatment.