“Excellent Guest House”

B&B Tourist House Ghiberti
Ranked #9 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This guest house is the perfect location. We chose this via the reviews on trip advisor and we were not dissappointed. Exellent location 2 min walk to the Duomo and perfect central location. Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were lovely and clean and were equipped with everything you could possibly think of. I cannot fault this place at all. The breakfasts were great and again if you couldn't see anything the staff were there to get it for you.
I highly recommend this guest house and if I ever have the pleasure of visiting Florence again I would want to stay here!!!!!!!! Well Done!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the side opposite the hospital by the road but did not hear a thing. I don't think...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 8, 2014

If you are looking for the perfect accommodation in Florence for everything from positioning to service and comfort, then you can't go past Tourist House Ghiberti. The rooms are a good size, the beds are comfortable and everything is spotlessly clean. If I was to have criticism it would be the size of the shower. But then we found this a lot in Italy in general. You are situated right in the centre of the action. The rooms are also very quiet. Breakfast in the lovely little courtyard is superb with plenty of choice. Extremely warm, friendly and helpful staff. I will definitely stay there again when back in Florence. Simply - Outstanding.

Room Tip: Probably a inner room even though theres no view but simply because there's a hospital across th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KiwiStevechch
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Situated a couple of minutes from Duomo, this is a lovely place to stay. Despite being so close to the centre, it's so quiet; even on the little terrace, you can't hear a thing. The room is well equipped, spotlessly clean and the beds are incredibly comfortable. Owners are polite and accommodating and a good choice for breakfast. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Obliquesqueak
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We think this B&B might just have been the best place we stayed at during our month in Europe. They really have thought of everything to make your stay enjoyable, are close to everything you could want, are friendly and welcoming, beds are most comfortable we have had outside our own home....could go on and on.

Also, for a true 'local' restaurant, be sure to check out Ziri Gigi around the corner. Very good traditional food frequented by locals. Was recommended by Lorenzo and we were thankful he did! Went there both nights we stayed. Owner speaks no English but sings to all his customers :)

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Very close to everything Florence has to offer. Easy walk from the train station. The owners are very gracious and helpful. The rooms are beautiful! The breakfast was good and they have a nice outdoor patio.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Wrldtravel_13
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

This is quite possibly the most comfortable B&B I have ever stayed in.

They think through every detail even down to reading lights by the bed that won't disturb your companion, choice of speakers or headphones for the tv, extremely comfortable bed, movies on dvd in many languages, I could go on and on.

I have never felt more comfortable in aB&B.

Oh yeah, and they are just around the corner from Il Duomo, so the location can't be best.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank tamijud
Claudio B, Proprietario at B&B Tourist House Ghiberti, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you so much for all the positive things you have written. We invest a lot in renewing our b&b and you slept well because we changed our mattrasses last april.
And Claudio, my husband, is happy that you liked so much the reading lights, as it is his invention.
so thank you
Christelle the wife.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed in here for 4 days in early June, 2014. I love the room which is clean, big with a computer inside my room, so I can do my work at any time. They provide full breakfast with variety of tea and fruits. Very nice!! You can reach most popular areas within 5 to 10 mins which is very good, so you can go back to have a rest during the hot summer afternoon. Thanks Lorenso! I will recommend this to all my friends too!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple