Hotel Sampaoli
$340
$332
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationtraveling italyceiling fanno elevatorown bathroomconvenient locationduomo
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed for a single night at the beginning of May. We paid $92 USD for a private double, which I felt was an OK deal. The room itself was small but acceptable. The bathroom was tired and worn and not the best.

The hotel is close access to the train station, about 15 minutes with luggage. The directions that hotel provided us were spot on.

We arrived late and had an early flight out, so we booked this property basically just as a place to rest our heads for a few hours before our flight the next morning. For that it served its purpose just fine.

The desk staff was extremely friendly and spoke flawless english. They assisted us in calling a cab for the AM, recommended a fantastic restaurant for dinner and told us of a store where we could find an alarm clock that was right around the corner.

Overall a nice quick stay

Room Tip: there are many stairs to climb before you reach the rooms, also the front desk is open only from 8am to 8pm.
Reviewed May 29, 2012

All we needed was a quiet, clean and well located place. We found it ! This was our last stop in Europe and we needed a calm Hotel. It's actually the smallest Hotel i've slept in my life. There is no elevator so it's not a place for everybody. It's just a small inn with a calm atmosphere, dvd's to rent for free at the front desk, clean bathroom and helpful , polite staff. The location is great and in the surrounding area you'll certainly appreciate the markets area. We felt home and this was all we needed after 3 weeks across Europe.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the main road
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I just loved this little gem of a hotel. It is situated in an old palazzo a stone's throw away from the Duomo - just far enough to get you out of the madding crowd after a day's touring. Yes, there are some stairs to climb to get into the hotel, but nothing most people wouldn't manage. The rooms are clean and decorated with antique furniture; it had the ambience of a little Florentine apartment. The service was excellent - we arrived late, but special arrangements were made for us to accommodate the late arrival. The staff also gave helpful restaurant recommendations. One should note that this hotel does not want anyone who is going to be rowdy or drunk, so if you're looking to party this might not be the choice for you. On the contrary, if you are looking for a hotel where you are unlikely to encounter crazed students, this is a good bet!

PROS: excellent location (short walk from train station and major sites); authentic feel; helpful staff
CONS: breakfast not included (but it's Italy so just walk down the road for a coffee)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed two nights two explore Florence, we travel a lot and can only do so if we stay in low budget hotels, problem is to find a safe clean place in a great location. Well this is the place in Florence. We walked from the train station oh about 8 blocks I guess. Bathrooms and Rooms (small) were very clean. We appreciated the managers signs about quiet, even in their email response they let us know this is a quiet place for rest not for partying. We are both in our 50's. A bit noisy outside but nothing is perfect, no air conditioning so you should consider this if booking in summer.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Thank you. I enjoyed my little one room home. It was cozy and l appreciated the following:

Lots of blankets and pillows
Hot water maker and two cups!
Big open window
DVD player for watching 3 English speaking DVD's (I needed that!)
Roomy enough to rearrange a few chairs and drawers.
Great, helpful, accommodating staff.
A little fridge for me to put some of my food in.
Called me a cab.
Fresh linens everyday should I want them.
San Gallo Street led me to all the central action in town (I was very lost at first without "just stay on this street").
Helpful staff helped drag up my way tooooo big suitcase.
Nice big, identifiable keys to open all the doors.
Safe neighborhood.
Grocery stores nearby.
Internet cafe down the street.
Pharmacy and little cafes nearby as well.

This hotel worked well for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo