Hotel Sampaoli
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Orto De Medici(Florence)
Piccolo Hotel(Florence)
Room Mate Luca(Florence)
Il Guelfo Bianco(Florence)
Hotel Guelfa(Florence)
Hotel Colomba(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationtraveling italyceiling fanno elevatorown bathroomconvenient locationduomo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2008

We had a fantastic stay at Hotel Sampaoli. The service was great and the staff so helpful, they treated you like family. Arriving with no guide books, they provided great recommendations and equiped us with a map. The Hotel is located near all the main touristy spots but also on a quiet street. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank yanika711
Reviewed December 18, 2007

Initially, I was hesitant about staying in a pensione as I am not a pensione kind-of girl. But, I was more than pleasantly pleased with Hotel Sampaoli; in fact, it made my holiday in Florence. Conveniently situated next to everything (10 minutes on foot), Hotel Sampaoli is ideal for any traveler. The rooms were clean and whimsically Italian. Amenities included free internet access (and wireless), a mini espresso machine (perfect for caffeine addicts like myself), complimentary towel and linen service, bookcases lined with city guides and DVDs for a night in, and staff who always greeted you with a friendly “Ciao.” A true home away from home, yet distinctly Italian at the same time.

Take a minute to talk with staff as they are incredibly helpful and hospitable. My travel companion and I received recommendations to authentic and inexpensive Italian restaurants, suggestions for nightlife (places where one is sure to converse with locals), and help navigating Italian railways on expeditions to hilltop towns. I believe when you travel it is not just about the places you see, but the people you encounter. Hotel Sampaoli and the staff will forever be intertwined with my Florentine memories.

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank flaneurCA
Reviewed November 6, 2007

My wife and I stayed here while in Florence. 65 Euro / night.

Pros:
Great Hosts, they'll answer any question, are very, very friendly. They are also very accomodating to any of your needs.
Very clean and well maintained.
Very good location, only about 5-10 minute walk from central sites, shopping, train station.
Free Internet.
Sink and Mirror in each room even in shared bathroom price.

Cons:
Very Ordinary Room.
No Breakfast (Not that's there is such of a breakfast anywhere in Italy from what we experienced!)

I would not hesitate to stay there again, but I also might look for another place too.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scooooter
Reviewed June 18, 2007

We stayed at Hotel Sampaoli while visiting Florence to attend a wedding. There was a large group of us there, and we occupied three rooms. The staff is really nice. Both of the owners, brothers Leonardo and Riccardo, made us feel at home, did not mind our loud behaviour and gave us really good tips on local restaurants that are not tourist traps.

The rooms are bright and airy, very clean. Its a great place to stay if you are on a budget plus the location is super. Its right in the centre of the city, easily accessible to all the major sites, restos and shopping. We will stay there again on our nice trip to the fun city of Firenze!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnyaSF
Reviewed May 25, 2007

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the hotel, even though our room was one of two with a shared bath - it was right outside of our room and never a nuisance. The entrance stairs completely contrast with the bright interior decor, everyone was friendly, the free internet use is great (as is the message at the computer if it is in use) and the location is near the San Lorenzo market - a must visit to check out all the food stands, and San Marco and the Annunciation Chapel, the latter behind a plaza that has an avenue with a great view of the Duomo.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple