2,063 results
All reviews il perseo train station great location third floor stay there again church bells family room hard boiled eggs pastries central location museum reservations small elevator by european standards three star two blocks breakfast room triple room
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2007

Not really sure how this can be so highly ranked on this website. This is simply not a 3 star hotel. It has more of a 3 star hostel feel. Yes - the staff is very friendly - and they have a computer for internet access, and the location is good- but that is about where the truth ends. The rooms are only somehwat clean - my mattress for the bed was terrible, the entrance is to a rental apartment and you more than expact a bum to be sleeping in the corner. Once you get to the 3rd floor there is more of a counter than an actual lobby. My wife asked for a bed board because the beds were very soft and by the look of the staff, you could tell that they did not even know what we were asking for.

There seem to be so many hotels in the area - so I think you can do better.

Date of stay: July 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Trojan88
Reviewed July 5, 2007

Hotel Perseo is the best place to stay while visiting Florence. This was our 2nd visit to Florence in 2 years , both times we have stayed at Hotel Perseo. The hotel has had a superb upgrade, with virtually everything new, great colour schemes, friendly, helpful english speaking staff and proprietors. Hotel Perseo is comfortable, clean and very central to all the sights for tourists, whatever their length of stay. I highly recommend this hotel and have enjoyed advising anyone visiting Florence to make use of this well sited relaxed hotel. As New Zealanders we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, the chance to meet other travellers, discuss with people sights to see, talk with the hosts on ideas and plans for our visit and be able to book tours through these very helpful individuals. The rooms are superior and comfortable, bathrooms clean and everything accessible. My 16 year old daughter and I highly recommend Hotel Perseo as a fantastic place to stay.

2  Thank woman-tripper
Reviewed July 4, 2007

I used the Rough Guide for this hotel. I don't agree with their rating of a 1-star. This is at least a 2 to 3 star. The hotel was newly renovated, so that may be the issue. It is extremely clean, and very comfortable and very very reasonable. I had a room with a double bed, with a second bed, so 3 could stay very comfortably, and a very clean bathroom with shower. The location couldn't be better. Look left, the train station, look right, the Duomo. Very close to the nightlife. The hotel owners were a great resource for day trips and any other infomation. I highly recommend this hotel.
Just so you know. I usually stay in 4 and 5 star hotels for work, so I am well versed in hotels. For the location, cleanliness and friendly service, you couldn't ask for better. I loved it!

Date of stay: November 2006
2  Thank LidiaFen
Reviewed July 1, 2007

We recently stayed in Hotel Perseo. Our room and bathroom (recently renovated) were spotless and comfortable. Just a block from the Duomo and within easy walking distance of other major sights, The Perseo 's convenient location made it easy to return to our room for a quick bathroom break or a short rest. The quiet, air conditioned room was always a welcome retreat at the end of the day. All the staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and very helpful. They made reservaions for museums, recommended restaurants, gave directions, and made sure we had a taxi for an early morning flight. We highly recommend the Perseo and will definitely stay there again when we visit Florence.

L&B Houston

Date of stay: May 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LBHouston
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Our experience at the Hotel Perseo was a warm and welcoming one. It is nicely located and the rooms are clean and cozy. Most importantly, the service was extremely accomodating. Everyone at the desk, particularly Laura worked hard to make our stay a wonderful one. When we encountered some difficulties with our flight back to the US, Laura spent over an hour making calls on our behalf to make things right for us. We will always be appreciative to her and to everyone at the Hotel Perseo for their warmth, kindness and helpfulness.

Date of stay: July 2007