“great location and excellent service”
Review of Hotel Perseo

Hotel Perseo
Ranked #39 of 412 Hotels in Florence
San Antonio, Texas
“great location and excellent service”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We loved the church bells in the morning (right outside our window). The staff is very helpful and makes excellent recommendations for dinner. The location can't be beat, close to train station and all of the major sites. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 28, 2014

1 block from Piazza del Duomo, the lobby is on the 2nd floor. You have to get inside an old elevator to check in. Rooms are okay, nothing fancy, small bathroom, the breakfast area has no more than 5 tables so it is always crowded. But all the city attractions are within a walking distance. Good choice for those who just want to go to sleep and not enjoy the hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mneto29
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here for a total of three nights. The beds were super comfortable, especially in comparison with other smaller hotels in Italy we've stayed at. The breakfast is very generous, providing fresh fruits and vegetables, mozzarella, meats, cereals, breads, jams, and drinks - all included. The hotel was centrally located and walking distance to anywhere in Florence! The best part about our location though, was that even though we were in the middle of everything, the hotel is tucked away enough that all the rooms are nice and quiet. Our hotel room had a beautiful view of an old church. The hotel was extremely clean, and all rooms have working air conditioning. The staff were all very friendly, kind and helpful. The prices were extremely reasonable, and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a conveniently located, cute and clean hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are only on the fourth and fifth floors of the building, so you really can't go wrong.
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2014

My stay at Hotel Perseo was wonderful, my friend and I stayed here for 2 nights. We were just looking for a clean place to rest our heads at night in an area that was walking distance to major attractions and Hotel Perseo definitely delivered. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the train station and a stones throw from the Duomo & leather market.

I must start with saying I actually booked the hotel for the incorrect nights. When I arrived at the hotel to check-in the front desk agent told me I was supposed to be there 2 days ago and was a "no show"... naturally I panicked! I asked the front desk agent "what do i do now" and he replied "nothing!" I wasn't sure what he meant by that, so he explained, "we'll pretend its two days ago…we're so happy to see you" i nearly fell on the floor... in all my years of traveling through different cities/countries I have never run into such a welcoming staff member. He did not blink an eye and simply showed us to our room.

After we dropped our stuff it was around 12PM, we went back down to ask about sightseeing directions and after the front desk agent gave us directions he then asked us if we would like some coffee and something to eat. Breakfast had already ended, the breakfast room was tidied up and still he welcomed us with open arms, made us lattes and pulled out some pastries for us.

In the 2 days we were at the hotel we ran into 4 different staff members and each and every one of them were so welcoming, helpful, knowledgeable and warm. I have nothing but great things to say about the Hotel Perseo staff members and honestly they were probably the best staff I had in my 14 day trip through Italy.

I've rated this hotel a 5/5 based on the fact that it is 3-star property. If you are expecting a luxury hotel then Hotel Perseo is not for you but if you just want a clean place to rest your head and friendly staff, look no further - you've found your Florence home!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle B
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The location of the hotel is superb. Our room was simple and basic but not small. The air conditioning is very good. I stayed in another hotel in Florence two years ago which had non-functioning air conditioners. Though the hotel is situated in a busy area, it was not noisy at all. The reception staff was nice and friendly. One of them recommended us an excellent restaurant. The breakfast was basic but sufficient. I will definitely come back if I travel again to Florence.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Oi Mei O
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel is centrally located near the the Duomo and most of the main sights , train and bus station for day trips to Tuscan area, and nice restaurants in the city. The rooms were clean, if a bit small,and service of staff was fabulous. The included breakfast was a great way to start the day. I would definitely recommend staying in the Hotel Perseo.

Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The location of this hotel sells this hotel immediately. I would definitely recommend staying in the Hotel Perseo. We only used the tiny elevator once, the steps were fine. Our room was rather large, compared to others on our floor. The reception staff was wonderful. Definitely stay here again - and recommend to others. It is quiet at night - which in a city is a great asset.