“Great hotel, fantastic location!”
Review of Hotel Perseo

Hotel Perseo
Ranked #36 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I spent 5 wonderful days in Florence recently and stayed at Hotel Perseo. I found it a wonderful place, great service, fantastic location, great staff. The only small issue was that the safe in the room was fairly small, which - in conjunction with my own fault - caused me to lose my small headphone bag in the room - which I only notice when I was already on the train home. I wrote to the hotel and got a reply after the week saying that they found the small bad and they'd send it via express mail to Australia (at their own cost). That's just sensational and I would like to thank Louise very very much for her assistance. I highly recommend that hotel and its staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Perseo

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I chose hotel very long because it was my first time to Florence. I chose, leaning on responses of tourists, and I wasn't mistaken! The hotel Perseo it is the most friendly personnel, smart location, a tasty breakfast and clean rooms!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 27, 2014

On a friends recommendation we booked here. The first thing is that the location is excellent. 10 minutes walk from the central station and about 100 meters from the Duomo. Staff were more than helpful when we need to change our room. Also very helpful with advice etc. Our room was more than comfortable and the location made it easy to get to all the main attractions of Florence. All the essentials, clean and comfortable rooms, free wifi, tour bookings, good breakfast to start the day. Would be happy to stay there again.

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed January 25, 2014

A well run hotel in a central location, near all sights, restaurants, shops and train station. Staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful. Wi-fi is free. The breakfast was very good. Room was not big but confortable, clean and well decorated. Good value. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Luciana_la
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I highly recommend Hotel Perseo for anyone staying in Florence. The price was excellent, the location is amazing (2 blocks from the Duomo) and every member of the staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. The elevator was very small, however it got the job done with luggage. It is also located about a 7 minute walk from the train station, which is close if you are bringing heavy luggage with you. The one issue we had was that the wifi worked well sometimes, then would stop working for about 10-20 minutes. Overall I had a wonderful experience at this hotel and for the money and location, I would highly recommend staying here. Other hotels I looked at were much higher priced.

2  Thank Josh T
trvlbug63, Owner at Hotel Perseo, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Josh T
Wow !!! what a great way to start the New Year, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about my hotel. All the best for 2014
Louise Monk

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed here in December, Laura at the front desk was absolutely amazing! She gave us each a map (we were a family of 4), and marked one with the best places to go eat. Ask her about the quick sandwich stop that the locals eat at- great for an on-the-go meal if you have a busy day planned and don't really want to stop for lunch. The other staff at the front desk was also very helpful. 2 minute walk from the Duomo. Breakfast has a lot of great choices. 4 of us stayed in one room, and had room to spare, which was nice as most places in Italy can only fit 2 people to a room. Would definitely recommend to anyone going to Florence!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the main street, it can be a bit loud when trying to sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily D

Dear Emily D
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about my hotel. When I travel with the family I also have dificulty finding good sizes family rooms. With this in mind I tried to create good family options. Wishing you all the best for 2014
Regards
Louise and Laura

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel is literally a block away from the Duomo, and a short walk (<10 minutes) away from the train station. Florence is not a bit city, so the walk to Palazzo Pitti and Uffizi is less than 15 minutes as well. The staff is very friendly, and they helped me booked the tickets for Uffizi online. Their recommendation of restaurant (ZaZa) is also excellent.

Our room is moderate sized but very clean. The wifi is free and works fine. Overall, this hotel is a good value for the location and the helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for the room not facing the street.
2  Thank AthensLover

Dear Athenslover
Glad to read you enjoyed staying with us, the location is also really important to me when I choose where to stay. I love being able to comfortably walk everywhere. All the best for 2014.
Rehards