“Average hotel”
Review of Hotel Perseo

Hotel Perseo
Ranked #36 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed in Perseo Hotel in November 2012. I don't know how to feel about this hotel...I must say that I wasn't very happy neither with the overall looks of the hotel nor the room's. However, I wouldn't say that it was a bad experience either.

The hotel is located in the perfect spot, few blocks away from everything, including train station. Reception is in the third floor, you have the stairs and a tiny elevator to get there. We were treated nicely, breakfast was good, everythng was clean and there is also free wifi.

If you are thinking about location this is a good choice, if you want something else like a very nice room, a more confortable bed then maybe this is not the place for you.

Just to be fair, the hotel is ok, the stay was fine and if I had to stay there again I would, but before I would look for other options.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Marcela I
There are newer reviews for Hotel Perseo

Reviewed June 5, 2013

is great...walk to everywhere. staff very helpful and reasonable. the gal in the breakfast room is extraordinary!
Strange hotel though...check in is on the third floor via a tiny lift and the lift goes to the 4th floor only and our room was on the 5th :D
the bed was like sleeping on a pile of bricks...

Room Tip: 5th floor room has a view of the duomo but the bed was hard
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at 4 hotels on this trip; Hotel Perseo was my favorite. We stayed in a triple; it was very large and clean. Even though it faced the street at night it was very quiet. The location couldn't be better; 3 min walk to the Duomo, 7 to the Uffizi. The staff made great resturant sugesstions, called for reservations and even helped us push back our Hertez car pick-up time. Breakfast was light and filling. While this isn't the most luxurious place the location & staff make it a great place if you want clean comfort and a litle bit of help while you are in Italy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank runash202
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great hotel! Nothing flashy but ticked all the boxes & was really clean! Breaky was great... Service was exceptional, every staff member was so genuine, friendly and helpful! Definitely head here again and suggest it to my friends!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel is ordinary by some standards but it's staff try hard and are really helpful. Hotel is dead central and 2 minutes from Duomo 5 monutes from main rail station too - walking of course. Very clean. Good breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for something quiet. "With a view"!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My family and friends just finished a three night stay at the Hotel Perseo. We could not have been more pleased! The staff were friendly and super-helpful, especially Louise and Laura. Louise made several restaurant suggestions and advised that we climb to Piazza Michelangelo to see the sunset over Florence. This was the favorite activity of several members of our party and should not be missed! The hotel itself is a two minute walk to the Duomo, and a ten minute walk to the Accademia. Everything is nearby, including the train station, which is a ten minute walk. We had both a triple and quad room. Both were spacious by European standards and quite comfortable, with lovely views from each. Laura took the time to try to verify our return flights home, which was heroic of her. We would definitely return to Hotel Perseo!

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My other half researched and booked this hotel for a three night away break in Florence and I have to say the boy did good. The entrance belies a lovely hotel inside. Perfect location - within walking distance of the train station and round the corner from the Duomo. We asked for a quiet room so we were away frim the road - I woukd definitely recommend doing the same. We could still hear the bells which are from a church nearby not the Cathedral but they seem to chime at odd times rather than every hour. Really good powerful hot shower. Breakfast was a standard continental spread. Nice bright breakfast room. The orange juice was fresh and there was enough choice for me. My other half said there wasnt much choice as the hotel the following day, yet he ate exactly the same things so go figure. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending.