“Nice little hotel in great area”

Hotel Duomo Firenze
Ranked #64 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Nice little hotel in fantastic area. Rooms are very simple but clean, staff is friendly, and the view from my window was breathtaking. Breakfast could be better (no eggs/sausages etc.) but aside from that I had a great time there.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Duomo Firenze

Reviewed May 29, 2009

Just got back from Italy. This trip we could spend only 2 nights in Florence. We were looking for a location close to the old centre of town. The hotel had to be affordable, clean, and within easy walking distance of the major sites and the train station. We booked a triple room and found that it was more than adequate with a double and a single bed, not a cot.
The Hotel Duomo checked all the boxes. On our arrival the staff was helpful and cheerful and although I can speak some Italian they were fluent in English and very accommodating. She helped us with our bags and gave us advise on a day trip to Siena and even booked it for us while we visited the town.
The hotel is directly across from the Duomo and is about a 10 minute walk from the train station so with light luggage it is an easy walk. If I were staying in Florence again for several nights I would stay here. My only other advice would be for an extended stay or if the weather is not cooperating and you were hotel bound the amenities may not be sufficient.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Tyrolia-Joe
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We had such a fabulous trip and I feel much of that is due to the fine hotels we visited. Our host wins an A+ for friendliness and helpfulness. What a fine couple. Our room was impeccably clean, and the view of the Duomo outside the window reminds you– even when you momentarily wake- that you are in Florence, Italy!
Breakfast was not fancy, but I enjoyed what I ate. I'm so thankful for the other posted reviews and I will add to the pile- Hotel Duomo Firenze is a great place to stay.
And a tip regarding Florence: I was not prepared for the shopping! I knew I wanted to see the Uffizi and Accademia, but I didn't know about all the other bonus stops. :-) Leave space in your bags for the finery you'll want to purchase. Leather, art, jewelry, jackets, purses, wallets, belts, stationary, lapidary arts- all of the finest quality anywhere!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amyindallas
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Great location, in the best city in Europe. Great view of the Duomo. Nice, simple breakfast. Clean Rooms, Big bathroom.

Negatives, elevator broke twice but was fixed by the end of the day. Rooms with a few come with street noise. Didn't bother me, but for a light sleeper I would avoid.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank Paris10
Reviewed April 17, 2009

This hotel is right next to the Duomo; you can't beat its location. The rooms were very nice and clean and it was quiet, even though it is right in the middle of Florence. We definitely enjoyed our stay and would go there again.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank riveq
Reviewed April 8, 2009

we stayed in this hotel at the beginning of April 2009. Very good location, breakfast is ok. the room is clean, but quite samll. BUT BE CAREFUL WITH things that you leave in the room. 1000 euros was stolen from safe!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LizaJuja
Reviewed March 31, 2009

The location & staff of Hotel Duomo made visiting Florence easy & comfortable. Catharina & Angelo are very helpful in answering questions about "where & what", and are such friendly people. The room I had was just what I needed; not large, but comfortable, quiet & convenient and it had a view of part of the Duomo. The breakfasts had plent of protein for energy to see the sites, fruit, grains, and wonderful cappuccino. I left for a few days in Venice & upon return to Hotel Duomo felt like I was visiting a relative's place. Very nice experience.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo