“Amazing hotel, was close to everything i want to see on Florence and to the train station too!!”

Hotel Duomo Firenze
Ranked #55 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The location could not be better! Very easy to reach. From Pisa airport to the train station of Florence i took a bus very cheap, only 7 Euros!! Arriving at the station of Florence was just walking to the hotel!! Very easy to find and had so much fun on the way, because I am crazy for Italian stores!! ;-))))The breakfast was wonderful, the best cappuccino in town!! Room clean, quiet and functional. Shower with strong water as I like;-) Was perfect !!!
Sure I will return!!!

Room Tip: Book before the best room with a view of the Cupula of the Duomo!! Go to sleep and wake up with the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Josie D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Duomo a few times. The location is perfect. You can walk everywhere from here. The staff are very helpful and friendly. I love the young girl in the breakfast room. She always has a smile. The only con: is the single beds are smaller than a regular twin (typical for Italy). But if you are looking for a friendly, clean, perfectly located hotel, this is it. Love this hotel and will be back.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gail-family
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Again we booked this place last minute on booking.com but we were quite surprised to see that we were staying literally at the foot of the Duomo. We were 8 minutes walk from the train station which is completely manageable with luggage. We were in the heart of the city and EVERYTHING is within walking distance. There is so much to see in Florence, all I can recommend is to allow yourself enough time to do it all in. Okay, the hotel itself was great, the staff were extremely pleasant, breakfast is an extra 6 euros per day and it's worth it, here they actually serve some hot food as well. There was some confusion one morning as we were leaving at 6am and we were too early for breakfast, whatever happened we good a complimentary breakfast out of it anyway.....I still don't know! The staff bent over backwards and the room rate was great. The room was small but when you are only sleeping and showering there, who cares! The staff bent over backwards to book us on tours and rang everyone late at night to fit us in. It was a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Duomo
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SimonePlatzke
Ottawa
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I booked this hotel based on trip advisor and Rick Steeve's book. I mistakenly put in wrong dates (trip is in September but for some reason didn't change and ended up with a May booking). It was an obvious mistake- I ever offered to show them my plane ticket.
Didn't matter, they charged my credit card for a no show and refused to apply the amount on the correct dates. I wasn't even looking for a refund, just a correction in the dates! I'm now minus $200!
That's what you get when you go cheap!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Natasha M
HotelDuomoFirenze, Proprietario at Hotel Duomo Firenze, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Natasha,
Thank you for your review and any guest opinion is really appreciate.
we are sorry for what happened but we'd like to let you know our position: we have received your reservation, the day of arrival you did not come, so for us it was a no-show.
The same day some of our guests would enjoy to stay one more night and we preferred to respect your reservation. According to the cancellation policy that you agreed at the time of confirmation in case of no show we charge the total amount of the stay.
When you realized what happened did not ask us a discount to change the reservation, but wanted to be refound. Unfortunately this is not possible, having already issued the receipt.
We are always available to offer you a discount for a future stay, so you can give real opinion about our structure and our service
We apologize for the inconvenient.
Best regards

the Owner
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I chose to stay at the Hotel Duomo for my first stay in Florence on the 4th of May for one night. The reason I chose this hotel was its close proximity to the city centre as I was travelling alone and wanted to still enjoy Florence at night without long walks alone back to my hotel.

This hotel did not disappoint. It is directly in front of the Duomo, and the pictures on the website are exactly what you get.

My room was extremely clean with modern furnishings and a balcony with the perfect Duomo view. At night there was no noise and my room was air conditioned.

There is a 24 hour reception and the staff are extremely kind and professional and willing to help wherever they can. The following day I was able to store my luggage after check out and even spent an hour in the afternoon sitting in the hotel lobby to escape the rain.

I won't think twice before booking here again and would strongly recommend it to anyone visiting Florence.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 7travel7girl7
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon. Perfect combination of old world charm and super-modern amenities. We had a breath-taking view of Brunelleschi's Duomo. Breakfast was simple but filling. Room was spacious and modern. At night you can hear the hustle and bustle of kids having a night out. If you close the windows not too bad. Incredible value.

Room Tip: Request room with view of Duomo
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mayantiger
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I lived in Florence years ago and know well how tricky is to find the right hotel in a city that lives on tourism and where you find all sort of offer. I went back years after for a business trip and was advised to stay at Hotel Duomo. It took me only minutes to overcome my scepticism. The hotel is wonderfully located, few meters from the Duomo whose "cupola" you can admire from your bed. Even a nice bathtub in a small room (but that is the norm in Florence), free high speed internet, very nice staff and very good breakfast. All this for an affordable price. Indeed my Florence’s hotel pick and one of the best pieces of advice I can give on this beautiful city.

Room Tip: Book in advance and get a rom with the view on the Duomo... unforgettable
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business