“Amazing and SO Interesting!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 324 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Over 10 years ago owner Paul Costa of Tuscan Tour Guide began his small private tour guide company. Since then he has led tours for Gordon Getty, Radio KISS 108 & NECN TV host Billy Costa and thousands of travelers of Royal Caribbean, Disney, Oceania, Seven Seas, Carnival, Seabourn & Norwegian Cruise Lines. Designing every tour to suit the expectations of each couple, family or group has made lifetime memories for thousands of tourists.
Bosque Farms, New Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing and SO Interesting!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We took Paul's walking tour on May 17, and let me just tell you that he is amazing!!! He engaged our attention asked us questions and involved us all the while actually teaching us something and remaining interesting!! He helped us see "the David" as more than an impressive statue, I can't say enough good things about Paul. If I get back to florence and he is still doing his tours, I will take another one!! Once you go on a tour with Paul, no matter how good your other tours are, they won't be as good as his guaranteed!! I just want to take a second and tell him good luck!! Thanks Paul:-)

Next to water
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“You don't even have to finish reading this review...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you have been researching tour guides so far, you can stop now and just book Paul. Seriously just cross one thing off your list and email him to get on the books for his tours. I am not a tour guide kind of person but I wanted to maximize our experience in Florence and not just blindly run and look at all the major artifacts and snap pictures. However I was still hesitant to get a guide and possibly stuck on a boring walking tour. So I did a lot of review reading and ended up selecting Paul.

Actually as a testament to Paul’s interesting approach, I actually put down my SLR and didn’t snap pictures during the tour, I just listened to him and took in the moment. Who puts down their SLR in Florence?? Me.

You will read other reviews that Paul will make the 3-5 hour tour seem short. You will be skeptical like me. I think we did 4.5 hours and I could have gone longer. I’m not a history buff but he has a way of being engaging but not condescending. Interesting yet not fact spewing. In fact in such a short amount of time he will put what you will be looking at in a timeline of history that will finally make sense to you. And the more he talks, the more you will feel bad at the other tourists roaming around the same things as you and getting nothing memorable from it other than a checklist moment. You will feel truly blessed that you made the decision to spend some of your hard earned money on someone who is well worth it.

Even better, what you will take away is a new appreciation for looking at buildings, paintings and sculptures and dissecting them yourself. You may not have the final answer but you will at least be able to appreciate details you would have overlooked previously.

We spent 3 days in Florence, 6 days in Lucca (seeing Pisa, Lucca, Cinque Terre, 3 tuscan cooking classes), went back to Florence for a final day and then 2 days in Munich.

Paul needs to clone Paul. If I had unlimited funds, I would hire Paul to go with me all thru Italy. Not only would I get background on a lot of sites but he has a way of storytelling, framing, engaging you such that you want MORE information. When we return to Italy, I’m going to book another tour. Happily. You need to book him too! You won’t regret it. I’m jealous already!

3 Thank pinkcarnationcandy
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A memorable Florence experience, thanks to Paul!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Hiring Paul as our Florence tour guide had got to be the best decision we have made for our Italian vacation. We visited with little italian art and history knowledge and left with so many memorable experiences and inspiring stories. His passion and enthusiasm shone throughout the tour. There was never a dull moment as he was extremely engaging which we appreciated very much! My friends and I highly recommend Paul to anyone who wants a highly qualified and engaging tour guide to Florence!

1 Thank Rachelle T
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tuscan Tour Guide is the way to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Paul was a great joy to have as a tour guide. He was friendly and very knowledgeable. He was able to give us not just the site information but also a history. My boys who were 12 and 13 at the time really enjoyed hearing the stories and historical facts as well as the awesome sights. If we were to return with more time I would book another longer tour with Paul.

Visited June 2012
New Westminster, Canada
“Wish we could have had a guide like Paul for all cities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The best tour guide we have had! Paul was full of information and very upbeat. We had a great time and learned a lot. I am so glad we booked this tour and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone and everyone. It is a shame that more tour guides can't be like Paul.
My boyfried planned to propose at the end of the trip but because we enjoyed Florence so much (mostly because Paul made us feel connected to the city) He asked me at the top of Giotto's bell tower. He couldn't have picked a better spot! Trip of a lifetime :)