“florence tours”

Ranked #18 of 364 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Over 10 years ago owner Paul Costa of Tuscan Tour Guide began his small private tour guide company. Since then he has led tours for Gordon Getty, Radio KISS 108 & NECN TV host Billy Costa and thousands of travelers of Royal Caribbean, Disney, Oceania, Seven Seas, Carnival, Seabourn & Norwegian Cruise Lines. Designing every tour to suit the expectations of each couple, family or group has made lifetime memories for thousands of tourists.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Paul was stupendous!. I have visited Florence many times but never with teenagers. Paul took my two sons on a cultural journey they will never forget. They can quote Medici facts, Galileo stories and the history of banking in Florence. They also loved everyone of Paul's restaurant picks. We walked by loads of teenager tour groups and saw nothing but bored,disinterested kids. With Paul there was not one moment where they were not completely engaged .

1  Thank Maeve K

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend and I hired Paul for a 5 hour tour on our second day of our week in Florence. It was the BEST decision we made when booking our visit. We are both educators and Paul was able to communicate a wealth of information in an engaging and passionate way, bringing Florence to life with fascinating stories and facts. He was quick to respond to our questions and help us fall in love with the city by involving us in conversations and discoveries.
After spending the day with Paul, my friend and I walked the city with "new eyes", using much of what we had learned to appreciate paintings, sculptures and architecture. We were continually reminded of the lasting value our day of touring.
Paul will also recommended great restaurants and suggest how to get the most out of your remaining time in the city. If you are considering a private tour, want to be inspired and enriched by the history, culture and politics of Florence, this is should be at the top of your list! (Be sure to reserve early - his schedule fills up quickly!)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Paul is very nice and kind guy and tour is just amazing. I am quite kind of history guy but Paul has manged to completely entertained me with new information and prospective of age throughout the tour. Highly recommended :)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My fiance' and I wanted a tour guide for our day-trip to Florence (from Rome). Paul was always very quick to respond to our email questions during the planning phase of our trip. We had our day all planned out; however we missed our original train to Florence. Paul was very accommodating and we quickly rescheduled our meeting time via email and text messages. It was easy to stay in touch, even to the last minute. When we arrived in Florence, Paul set the stage for our tour. He brought us to the main square in Florence and gave us a quick history lesson. We liked that he asked us questions and kept our focus with questions and interaction. We felt like we were reliving history. Paul did a great job making analogies to items we could easily relate to. Paul quickly gained an understanding of what we can relate to and incorporated it into his tour. It was very helpful. We learned a lot on our tour, and we had a lot of fun. Our trip to Florence would not have been the same if it was not for Paul. After the tour, he had great recommendations for food (lunch and dinner) and where to purchase leather goods. I have been to Europe several times, and Paul was one of the best tour guides I have had. I highly recommend his company.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We used Paul as a guide during our trip to Florence for our first anniversary last September. Learning about the history of the city and the Medici family and their influence over key pieces of Renaissance art held in the Uffizi was a phenomenal way to spend the day. We also used Tuscan Tour Guide for a day in Tuscany which took us to see the beautiful country side, complete with a tour and tasting at one of the region's oldest vineyards. Our experience with Paul and his crew was incredible on both accounts. We highly recommend him to all of our friends (including our friends on Trip Advisor!) and we will definitely be using him again the next time we find ourselves in Firenze. Thanks for the fantastic experience Paul!

1  Thank Callie B