“Favorite part of Italy trip”
Review of Cook Eat Italian

Cook Eat Italian
More attraction details
Owner description: Cook Eat Italian offers the best one day cooking class in Florence. Our local chef Mauro will take you through authentic Italian recipes in this hands-on small group class. Maximum class size 6 Persons. Classes in central Florence. Lunch/Supper with wine included in the price.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This review is actually from my husband who said the class was "Better than the Uffizi":

My 12 year old daughter and I enjoyed the most wonderful pasta cooking class with Manuela. The class was in her home and was very easy to find. Upon arrival everything was laid out for us so we were able to get right down to work. We enjoyed making a variety of different kinds of pasta: tagliatelle, ravioli, and tortelloni; and we learned the natural way to color pasta using beets, spinach, and saffron. The best part of the day was eating everything we made. I would HIGHLY recommend this class to anyone that wants to learn the true secrets of making homemade pasta.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Manuela is a wonderful teacher and person. We loved having the chance to meet her and cook in the intimate setting of her own kitchen! I cannot recommend this school enough. We learned to cook bruschette, followed by a traditional italian pesto (using a mortar and pestle, not a food processor), then meat rolls with smoked cheese and green beans, fried zucchini flowers, and a lemon creme dessert with fresh fruit. All of the produce and meat was beautiful and fresh, and Manuela was a very patient and helpful teacher! She even gave us some italian lessons! This is an experience we will never forget!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Manuela was a great hostess for our cooking class in her home. I was expecting to make a typical pasta dish however I was pleasantly surprised with her meal selection (panzella, fried zucchini flowers, roasted pork, risotto and homemade gelato). The best part of it all was eating everything in the end and receiving a printout of the recipes. Thank you very much!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Sometimes vacation memories all seem to run together with the buses, guides, attractions. That's why this afternoon was so special. We will never forget our lunch here. Manuela was so welcoming and kind. I was there with my two daughters, and we joined another mother daughter team in preparing a sumptuous meal of chicken, pasta, crostini and dessert. Manuela taught us her secrets as we absorbed the atmosphere in her cozy kitchen. The meal was divine, but the true memories will be in meeting and sharing the day with such lovely people. Thank you, Manuela!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I chose Manuela's Cook Eat Italian because of the small class size and the fact that the lesson would be in her home. Our evening Classic Italian cooking lesson was a highlight from our time in Florence! My daughter and I spent the evening with a couple from Alabama learning not only how to cook some classic Italian dishes, but why Italians cook the way they do. Manuela uses only the freshest of ingredients, and she is very organized. We helped prepare the vegetables and other parts of the meal. While the meal was simmering, Manuela taught us all about tomatoes, which we naturally sampled. We concluded the evening eating the marvelous dinner we created. Manuela's husband and young daughter also joined us for part of the evening. It was a joy to be in their home and cooking in their kitchen. I highly recommend Cook Eat Italian for a true Italian cooking lesson!