“Wish I had stayed longer”
Review of Trentatre

Trentatre
Ranked #327 of 649 Florence B&B and Inns
SF, CA
“Wish I had stayed longer”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was only here for one night since I came to Florence a day earlier than I had planned, but the airbnb apartment I was in had already been booked for that day. I really wish I had stayed the whole time at Trentatre. I let them know that I was coming in on a late train and they were very accommodating . I was amazed at the size of the room and the bathroom compared to most hotel rooms in Europe. Lots of sitting space, a nice desk and a huge king size bed that was very comfortable. The terrace sitting/ breakfast room is light and airy. Breakfast is fine - lots of variety including meat, cheese, yogurt, fruit, etc. Yes, the coffee comes out of a push button machine - but it really wasn't bad. They were kind enough to hold my luggage until later in the day and called for a taxi when I was ready to go. The owners really make you feel welcome. The only thing you should be aware of is that it is a bit of a walk to the city center (only 15 min or so) or you can take public transport. Not a big deal if you like to walk. I highly recommend Trentatre!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This is an extraordinary property, more like a hotel than a B&B. The rooms are superb and exceptionally well finished. The15 foot plus ceilings make the rooms feel spacious and light. Breakfast on the upper terrace was of a good standard. The only downside would be the size of the shower but that is trying to find a fault with this property. This is the third B&B we have stayed in on this trip and by far the best. The walk from the station is 10-15 minutes but only 5 in a taxi. Fortunately the walk is flat so dragging suitcases is not an issue. On a hot day I would recommend the taxi. Wifi is fast and the cable TV has a wide choice of English channels. The artwork scattered throughout the property is delightful. I would have no hesitation in recommending Trentatre to the most experienced traveller.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I would not even consider this a B&B. It will put most of the 3 star hotels to shame. It is in pristine condition. The room and the rest rooms are really large especially by the European standard. We use the Tram from the S.M.N. Station to the first stop and cross the road at the ancient tower and veer right and that is Via Bellfiore. Walk about 5 minutes and it will be on the right. Wonderful breakfast was provided. Enjoyed every aspect of it. Definitely a gem and a class above the rest. The staff were very helpful and give wonderful suggestions if you need suggestions to eat out, etc. What a gem!

Stayed 5/13/2013 to 5/15/2013

Room Tip: You will not go wrong with any room in this B&B.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denly K
Rochdale
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We spent our 40th Wedding Anniversary in Florence staying at the Trentatre and we could not have made a better choice. The rooms were spacious with seating areas and the bed was huge and extremely comfortable. The hosts were very considerate and provided a bottle of wine on our anniversary, their suggestions for eating out close to the accommodation were excellent. As for some of the previous comments on the location, it took us only 7 mins to walk with luggage from the station and approx 10-15 mins to the centre of Florence and we are no spring chickens! To see Florence you need to walk the streets and I do not think you could get a better place to stay. As others have said it is as good as a 1st class Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CamsRochdale
Irthlingborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The manager modestly describes it a B&B but it puts many expensive Hotels to shame. A lovely room, (well 2 rooms actually) in a restored Villa with the most friendly and helpful staff made our 3 night stay in Florence a delight. Although the weather was icy cold the room was warm and cosy and the bed a dream to sleep in. If we were being picky the location is not the very best but there are several walks into the City all taking around 10 minutes. This Hotel is such a great base to explore from and we would definitely stay here again if we make another trip to Florence.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steve1024012
London
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here last June as a birthday present to my boyfriend. Having seen all the good reviews prior to my stay, I am happy to say we were not disappointed in the slightest. The staff was so considerate, even leaving croissants & breakfast out for us as we were occasionally too fast asleep in the comfy beds to make the 10:30 cut off. Highly recommended, roughly a 10 to 15 minute walk to the station but everything in Florence is walking distance. Staff are also happy to help & advise with museum bookings. Especially loved our shower which had massage jets & could be made into a steam room!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sophie000000
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a really lovely hotel in a beautiful building. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and very clean. The hosts are very helpful with tourist information, calling a taxi etc. Unfortunately it's not in a very interesting location and it's quite a walk to the city centre through some not very attractive streets. Breakfast is self service and the usual Italian fare, which admittedly, gets a bit boring day in day out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple