“Great place to stay in Florence!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel La Casa di Morfeo

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel La Casa di Morfeo
Ranked #26 of 653 Florence B&B and Inns
Andover, Minnesota
“Great place to stay in Florence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I just spend a few days in Florence as part of a two week trip to Italy. We stayed at the Morfeo and really enjoyed it! The room was beautiful and very quiet. Breakfast was great and the staff was very accommodating and helpful. The location was good as well since we were easily able to walk everywhere we needed to go in the city. Wifi was easy to access and very reliable, faster than the other hotels we'd stayed at in other cities. We felt very safe there as well as the front doors were locked to the outside.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
La-Casa-Di-Morfeo, Front Office Manager at Hotel La Casa di Morfeo, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for spendig some time writing such a nice review for us!

We are absolutely delighted reading all our services and suggestions were appreciated.

For our team is a great reward to make all our guests happy and their stay memorable.

We wish to meet you again in Florence

Clara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband came to Florence after spending a week in Poland. I can't say enough about the people who run the hotel. Even though we came late we were greeted at the front desk with a smile and treated like we were family members. We were told to eat at restaurants that they frequented and were guided to wonderful events going on that we may have never known about had we not stayed at this very sweet B and B.
The service went far beyond anything I experienced in much more exclusive and expensive hotels and we felt like it was our home away from home.
Clara and Samuela you are a gems: and Gabrielle who served breakfast was warm and friendly; thanks for making our stay so wonderful. I was very sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye to you Clara. All I can say is that if you ever want to come visit Boston please feel free to stay with us.
And don't hesitate to stay at this marvelous gem in Florence.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
La-Casa-Di-Morfeo, Manager at Hotel La Casa di Morfeo, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review!

We are delighed to read such nice words.... It makes us very happy our professional and personal effort to make your stay as pleasant as possible were appreciated so much!

It is very important for all of us our guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay in our hotel and city.

I wish you will choose again La Casa di Morfeo for your next holiday.

Clara
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I recently traveled to Italy for the first time and our stay at Hotel La Casa di Morfeo made our stop in Florence, our absolute favorite. The hotel is lovely, the rooms are large, the staff were so friendly to us (as we struggled through our poor Italian) and their recommendations for neighborhood restaurants were AMAZING. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to all our friends. It's out of the touristic area of Florence, but completely walkable to all the sights. Also, the WIFI was strong and the breakfasts were wonderful. We really loved our stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
La-Casa-Di-Morfeo, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel La Casa di Morfeo, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Kash73,
What lovely feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. A stay with us should always be the same – special!
Describing your stay as "favorite" is as good as it gets. I am so pleased that you enjoyed La Casa di Morfeo experience, and I cannot thank you enough for sharing your kind words with us.

Many thanks for the kind words following your experience, I’m happy to read that you enjoyed the place we suggested you, we are pleased to share our favorites places with our guests!!

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

My best regards,

Samuela
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at La Casa di Morfeo for three nights in late August, and it was great. The room (Mimosa, I think) was very relaxing, quiet and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable, and the shower - what a wonderful shower. I could live there. Breakfast was very good - nice selection and very good quality. The staff was very welcoming and attentive, and gave us a great wine as a farewell gift. And finally, the location was perfect - walking distance to everything but on a quiet, peaceful street. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and would definitely stay there again. Thank you again for a lovely experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Yonitmo,
how wonderful that you think the hotel is managed well! Seriously, it is always a pleasure to read of a guest's appreciation and your comments are no exception… all of those fabulous qualities you describe come with a price tag!
However, it always makes me smile to read that staff and services are appreciated and our attention to detail does not go unnoticed. Thank you for your genuinely delightful comments and for this glowing summary of your experience

Thank you, your appreciation means a lot to me and the staff.

I hope you will return and permit us to spoil you on another special occasion!!

Warmest Regards,

Samuela, Clara
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at La Casa di Morfeo for 4 nights. Having travelled quite frequently in Europe and stayed in (usually 4*) hotels on the trip, I would say my stay at La Casa di Morfeo has been an absolute pleasure!

The staff, Clara and Samuela, are extremely friendly and helpful. Because of the timing collision of our stay with the Florence cycling event, I was quite concerned about how much we could enjoy the city when roads were blocked (which turned out to be absolutely nothing!). I emailed the hotel quite a few times and was responded almost within 24 hours each time.

The hotel is very centrally located. It's literally 5-15 minutes walk to all the major sites (Duomo, Santa Croce, Uffizi etc) and a good 20-30 minutes walk from SMN station (with heavy luggages). PLEASE NOTE that when you go down to Via Ghibellina, please look for the "51" in black/blue print on a white plate (as opposed to a dark 51 which you might encounter first if you're coming from Bagello side).

The breakfast is very nice and the coffee boy is very accommodating (I personally found the pastries too sugary but it's just personal preference). The hotel room is at least twice the size of a normal room you could find in other hotels in continental Europe and it's spotless and comfortable. The wifi is very good (as I can make Skype calls without any interruption) but it was spotty during the last 2 days when we were there.

The only reason that I am not giving this hotel a five star is due to a slight noise issue. Our room faces a side street (whilst half of the rooms face Via Ghibellina as I observed), it is definitely not a busy main street but sometimes in the middle of the night, I could be woken up by street traffic, and to resolve that, I turned on the A/C to make the fan sound cover the noise. Also, although the walls are insulated and soundproofed, we were woken up by some loud noise - which I believed was from the hair dryer installed on the wall - at odd hours in the morning. The hotel might wish to consider changing the wall-installed hair-dryer to the usual hair dryer and "triple-glazed" the windows? However, having said that, reaction to noise is highly personal so if you are not sensitive to noise, this hotel is definitely a perfect match for you.

Stayed in late September 2013 and as a couple.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michelle C
Dear Gbmchen,

Thank you for taking the time to post such as detailed review! We love it when we know about pleasant stays – it’s so motivational for the entire team at the hotel and I have shared your feedback with them.

Thank you so much for your very kind words and comments and also for your evaluation about "critical points" which is always helpful for improving our services and features.

I wish you every happiness and we all look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Florence

Warmest wishes,

Samuela
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

we had 2 nights at this hotel and loved it.
the rooms are big and bathrooms huge for European standards.
breakfast is good and the staff all very friendly and recommended
an excellent restaurant which we tried.
the location is good and all the attractions are 10 min walk.
would defintely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with street view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
La-Casa-Di-Morfeo, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel La Casa di Morfeo, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for spendig some time writing such a nice review for us!

We wish to meet you again in Florence

Clara&the staff
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at this wonderful hotel for 4 nights in the beginning of September. It was such a pleasant stay that I am still smiling when I write this review two weeks after the stay.

I read through copious reviews before booking with La Casa di Morfeo months before I traveled to Florence. Even with all the good reviews, I was still not sure if I chose the right hotel since reviews can be subjective. Needless to say, the worries were unnecessary, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone in a heartbeat.

The hotel is very well situated - it is not in the city center, but it's not far from everything - probably 5 minutes of walk to Duomo, and less than 15 minutes of walk to the Santa Maria Novella train station. I was able to walk back to the hotel each day within minutes to take a short rest before heading out for more sightseeing. Not being in the city center means it's quiet. It's on the first floor of a charming apartment building (love the big thick wood door!) and has an elevator. It is also close to a bus stop with choices of a few buses if one decides to use the public transportation (for example, it is already included in the Firenze Card). On a side note, while the bus is convenient, the bus map (provided with the Firenze Card) is not super easy to understand. It is best to get some information before taking the bus, unless a bus tour of the city is the intention.

Breakfast is plentiful and fresh. It covers everything you need in a cold breakfast: cold meat, cheese, tomato and mini mozzarella, fresh (whole) fruit, pastry, bread, yogurt, juices, cereals and milk. Of course there are espresso drinks available and made to order. There is a juicer available if one prefers freshly squeezed orange juice (possibly self service as I saw one guest doing it himself). There is also the possibility of eggs (you'll need to ask for it), though I think they may be done with a microwave as there's really no kitchen in the little breakfast room. I asked for a boiled egg once and it was fine, though hard boiled (it is not easy to make soft boiled egg with a microwave unless one does it frequently).

The room I had (Lavanda) is very spacious, clean and nicely decorated, and the bathroom is almost equivalent size of the bedroom part! The room has a table and two chairs, a mini safe and a closet. The bathroom has a two-person shower (with two shower heads) with jets. There's plenty of hot water for shower, but I didn't get to try the jets as there seemed to be missing a door on the shower so I didn't want the water to be everywhere (I didn't ask about it as it's no big deal to me). Air conditioner works well and was very much appreciated due to the heat and humidity. There may be some repairs that need to be done in the bathroom (around the sink) due to normal wear and tear, but they are not deal breakers.

The staff is absolutely wonderful. They are always helpful and friendly, and ready to provide recommendations to good restaurants and gelaterie (thanks Greta!). Carla gave me detailed information on how to get to the airport by bus upon check-out as well as a bottle of Tuscany wine as a thank-you gift from the hotel. The hotel may be comfortable and in good location, but the staff is the gem of this hotel. They made the entire stay terrific and perfect. Thank you for the lovely experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AmazingScotch
La-Casa-Di-Morfeo, General Manager at Hotel La Casa di Morfeo, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

I read your review and the only thing I could say is million times thanks for your detailed and very nice review!

When we read such reviews we are full of happyness and for us is the best reward for our professional and personal effort.

We really appreciated the time you spent to write words for our hotel,services, suggestions and staff and we wish you will choose us again for your next holiday.

Clara & the staff