“Good Pizza & Wine, fair prices”
Review of Baccus dal 1985 - CLOSED

Baccus dal 1985
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Florence was crowded, and pizzerias near the main attractions tend to be over priced, so a friend and I walked away from the attractions and found this restaurant and wine bar. Good pizza, suitable wine selection...all in all I was pleased. The service was just like all of the other places I've been in Italy...folks might want to remember that Italy is not the United States and service tends to be slower and less persistent (especially if you expect them to speak english). Both of the staff members that I interacted with spoke solid english, as my Italian is still poor, I found that very nice, and they were helpful in wine selection and our pizza selection. The fair prices and pleasing environment might be the thing they have going for them. We had a lunch and wine, so I can't speak for dinner.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant on our first day in Florence and enjoyed the meal. After some other meals in which we were charged Eu2 each and 10 or 12% of the bill as a service fee .... we returned here on our last evening. Food was good, atmosphere very pleasant and service friendly.... And no hidden fees. Great finish to our lovely holiday in Florence.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

OK for a quick meal near the Westin. Service is a bit off and they really don't make you feel like they want you there. Food is OK and inexpensive.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food was not bad, but the staff was really, really rude. My family and I left very upset. Although the food was ok, not worth eating in a place where you feel so bad. We do not recommend it.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great food. We ate there 3 nights in a row. Italian food cooked really good. Great service and excellent wine.