“A charming oasis of good food and fine atmosphere”

Ristorante Salotto del Gusto
Reserve with
Ristorante Salotto del Gusto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,145 of 2,703 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Maria Novella
London, United Kingdom
“A charming oasis of good food and fine atmosphere”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This has been one of the nicest authentic Tuscan meals and atmosphere I have had in Florence. The waiters do not rush you but allow you to enjoy the Tuscan fare in the calm courtyard away from the bustle in the heat of summer. As I understand they have only opened up this year but already seem to be growing a solid reputation with people returning, and locals dine there too, a sign of a good restaurant. The al fresco dining is in a lovely quiet walled courtyard. Its just tucked away from the main scene but worth the walk for the quiet ambience and if you love opera then you will be very happy. Well worth a visit compared to lesser experiences I've had in Florence.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank cathp36

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ambience and food good”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We enjoyed this tucked away restaurant in via del Prato in Florence. With nice music playing the service was good and the food was excellent. One of the best dining experiences we have had in Florence.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Mark F
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Horrible!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

When we first arrived we were impressed with the modern decor and the attentive waiter, who turned out to be the only one working. We had a nice bottle of a house wine and we ordered our appetizer and first courses which were good and served promptly. The problem started when my second course (bronzino) was approaching the hour mark after our first two courses. When the wait hit the hour mark I tried to cancel the fish but the waiter insisted that it was 2 minutes away. Fifteen minutes later it arrived cold to the touch and an entire fish complete with the head and tail and it apperaed to have been microwaved. I was used to having bronzino filleted at the table but that was not the case as the waiter obviously was deficient with the task. As my wife was finished eating and we were out of wine and water I wasn't in any mood to pick through the fishbones of a cold fish so I just asked for the check so we could leave and put this rather unpleasnt experience behind us.I don't like paying for something that was unedible but sometimes you just have to count your losses and move on. As the entire restaurant had only one waiter we were noticing other tables having problems with the service as well. The bottom line is that this restaurant is not ready for prime time. My suggestion would be to get a pizza down the street.

• Visited April 2012