“Dolce Chianti Wine Tour... Perfetto!!”
Review of Dolce Chianti Wine Tours - CLOSED

Dolce Chianti Wine Tours
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We booked this wine tour after reading numerous reviews on the multitude of trips on offer in the Chianti Region. We were not disappointed. Chris has a wealth of knowledge and insight into the fabulous wine produced in this region. From tasting guides to the history of this wine growing region, all bases were covered. Lunch (included in the price) was amazing. We stopped at a restaurant in Greve which served the most amazing rustic Tuscan food. Aside from her depth of knowledge and passion for Chianti wine, Chris was a witty and interesting host that put us at ease from the outset. This made the experience all the more enjoyable, a must for any wine lover.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Me and my partner took this tour in September and had a fantastic time. Chris' knowledge is amazing and I learnt so much I am still boring my friends with info before I commit to choosing a bottle of wine now!

The box of smells was the envy of all the other tour groups!

I would 100% recommend booking Chris for your tour, it was a wonderful day out.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

When we booked this tour, we couldn't find any reviews on it so we were a little apprehensive. What sold us on booking was that it was a private tour, and went to 3 wineries. It turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip, and an experience we will never forget. It was really nice to be the only ones on the tour. Chris was a great tour guide. She knows so much about wine and the region. The countryside was beautiful and the wine was tasty! I really liked the first 2 wineries. They had the feel of what I expected from a winery in Italy. The surrounding scenery was just beautiful. After the first two stops, she took us to a small restaurant where we had a fantastic lunch, which of course included a little more wine if we wanted it! The 3rd winery seemed to have more of a corporate feel to it. It didn't have that "old style" traditional feeling. The wine was very good at all 3 wineries. Between wineries she talked about all kinds of things! We learned so much and laughed so hard. What a great time! We all recommend this tour if you're in the area! Thank you Chris!!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I took this tour on our honeymoon expecting to be in a large group. We were happily suprised when Chris showed up to take us on a private tour of Chianti! She knows sooooo much about the wine in that region it was amazing...we learned a ton! We highly recommend this tour if you are in the area:)

See more reviews
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We just returned from our honeymoon in Italy and I usually don't write many reviews but this experience was so amazing that I want to make sure Chris gets the recommendation she deserves.

She lead us on more than just a wine tour - I learned a lot about the region beyond wine, had an amazing lunch and we got some superb food recommendations in Florence that only a local would know that kept us full and happy for the rest of our time there. (Enoteca Le Barrique for instance)

As for the wine though since that was the main event - Chris took us to three wineries in some of the most beautiful settings I have ever seen. We sampled a few wines at each and used the "sniff box" to identify the different characteristics of each. I can't imagine a tour without this method of sampling being quite as effective or educational. We had a couple of things besides just Chianti as well. Most, if not all of the wines centered around the sangiovese grapes of course though since that's the regional specialty.

This tour is good for people with the full spectrum of wine knowledge - we went in with not much background and Chris tailored it to that fact. I'm certain that she would also be able to raise the level to please the connoisseur as well. It's also good for travelers who have been hitting the main sights in the big cities who want a break to see the countryside. I had no idea there were such big hills around Florence. The city sits in the Arno River valley but it really climbs once you get a few miles away. Getting out of the city for a day was a wonderful and relaxing change of pace.