“Offers Amazing Views”

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Offers Amazing Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

For about 6 euro per person you can climb the bell tower. There is no elevator, only stairs. Just over 400 round trip.

There are 3-4 levels to stop at which offers a break from the climb. Each level has the same views which are amazing.

The stairways are narrow, and suggest wearing footwear that is appropriate.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Durham, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nice view, obstructed by metal grate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I think its kind of ridiculous to charge 6 euro to climb up 500 something stairs. Not that it was that bad, just what exactly are they providing? I think it should be 2 or 3 euro at most. The view was really nice, but there is all this metal grating to prevent ppl from falling I guess that kind of obstructs pictures. I havent seen this on all of the tall structures in Europe, so I know it is not necessary.

2 Thank aefieldi
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“too much effort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I know all the history involved is impressive but it was uncomfortable for modern standards. still a great view from the top

Visited September 2012
1 Thank nairag_12
London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Well worth the climb, if you're fit enough and don't mind enclosed spaces”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This tower had been recommended by a friend, so I was determined to climb to the top to witness the views for myself. Despite feeling daunted by the 414 steps it can be done in stages as there are individual floors which open out at each level. My partner who is not a fan of heights opted to stop at the first one. I continued onwards and upwards although I confess, at times the narrow stairway felt quite claustrophobic particularly when passing others coming down.

Having said that it's well worth the climb. Once you get your breath back you are likely to lose it again as you take in the view which is quite literally breathtaking! I took loads of shots with our camera which sadly did not make it to the end of our holiday and we lost all of the photos which was incredibly upsetting but I'm so glad I was there to witness with my own eyes. As long as you are fit enough I recommend a visit to this site.

Visited September 2012
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“beautiful workmanship”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Truly awsome workmanship. The state of preservation is amazing, and though we didn't climb it the views from the top must be worth the climb.