Tripadvisor

from $61.51
from $68.10
from $76.89
2,736 results
All reviews day trip cinque terre wine tasting ferrari museum full day tour meeting point great tour different languages local guide leaning tower chianti tour private tour booked this tour balsamic vinegar meeting place highly recommend this tour tuscan countryside
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

I wish I could review the Wine Tasting Experience but I was rudely left as the tour took off without us. Our train from Montecantini was delayed by 15 minutes but we still could have found the bus, if it were not for the horrible directions of the location of the bus meeting point.The only information listed on the invoice was to meet the bus by the train station. Google maps sent us to another nearby bus station. I talked to the tour guide and asked him to wait a few minutes until we got there (only a few steps away) but he refused. I also inquired as to another point we could catch up with them along the way. He said it was not possible. We were willing to take a taxi to the first location but he also said we could not do that. I understand they have a schedule but we were only a few minutes away at another bus station (which Google Maps sent us to). The tour refused to refund our money and we missed an afternoon of tasting Chianti!

Date of experience: January 2020
CiaoFlorence, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Ciao Florence Tours and Travels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear customer

We are very sorry for receiving this feedback.

Let us kindly tell you that, in respect of our schedule and of all the other passengers, we cannot wait longer then ten minutes.

On the voucher that you have received both the meeting point and time are very clearly marked: they are both written in bold and capital letters.
In this same font it is even specified to make sure to be on spot twenty minutes in advance for checking-in.

If you put the address given in our voucher in Google Maps it gives precisely six minutes walking from where we were.

I have read a note into your booking thanks to which I found out you were even called by the Ciaoflorence staff before the bus left, seen that you were the only ones missing, but unfortunately you were still too far and it was already ten minutes that they were waiting.

We could not suggest you to join the group on your own because this tour includes two wine tastings that take place in the middle of nowhere, in the open Chianti countryside, a car would have been the only opportunity but you did not have one.

Finally, there is no refund for no show customers. We would provide it if it was our responsibility that you missed the tour but in this case we have run the tour regularly with twenty other people who read the voucher properly and could find us without problems.

Kind Regards
Ciaoflorence Staff

Reviewed January 16, 2020

We had limited time to see certain things in Northern Italy so we took the opportunity for the day trip to Assisi via Cortona. Brilliant ....we saw a lot and Sandra the guide in Assisi was fantastic.

1  Thank Sundowner76
Reviewed January 14, 2020

It was a long time since I wanted to visit Pisa, this excursion was a nice choice. Giuliano good tourleader us and was very present, Giamarco guides them excellent in explaining the details of the square. I highly recommend it

1  Thank klaudiaklock
Reviewed January 14, 2020

Sunday we spent a nice day between San Gimignano and Siena, Juliano and Maringela were a perfect team! Very well organized and above all the finish with the tasting in the cellar. We had a lot of fun, I will be back

Reviewed January 13, 2020

The tour was worth the price. The tour guides were organized, friendly and accommodating. We definitely enjoyed the Lunch with wine tasting. Over all me and my sister had a great experience.

Date of experience: January 2020
CiaoFlorence, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Ciao Florence Tours and Travels, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear customers

We are so appreciative for your feedback and very happy to know that you will both keep a great memory :)
It would be great to welcome you back on board one day.

Cheers from Tuscany