“FANTASTIC FLORENCE IS FANTASTICO!”
Review of Fantastic Florence

Fantastic Florence
Ranked #83 of 349 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Fantastic Florence is an idea of a young tour guide of Florence. Fantastic Florence aims to show you not only the places of historical and artistic interest, but, and above all, it aims to let you know the real spirit of the city by telling you its history and adding amusing and funny anecdotes. We provide extremely high quality, yet fun and informal, fully guided tours of Florence, designed for small, independent and open-minded travelers.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was in Florence in mid-September with my sister and our parents who are in their mid-60s. We found Francesca (and Fantastic Florence) through the amazing reviews on Trip Advisor. We had Francesca as our guide for three full days in Florence. Before the trip, we emailed sites/museums we wanted to see and Francesca designed the itinerary. She took into account what we wanted to do as well as the walking limitations of my parents. This was a difficult task because of the UCI Road World Championship which took place between 9/22-9/27. Many of the main roads were closed to pedestrian traffic for most of the day except a one hour period at noon. Francesca kept us informed and created an incredible itinerary taking all of this into account. Francesca met us the first day at the condo we rented. She is smart, friendly, funny, and enthusiastic. The next three days were incredible as Francesca took us to the Duomo, Uffizi Gallery, Bargello, Accademia, Piti Palace, Medici Chapels, and a ton of other places. Her knowledge base regarding history, art (painting and sculpture), architecture, and culture is excellent. She loves her city and it shows. She drew us into conversations about art, Greek and Italian history/politics, and architecture. When we were in the museums, other tourists would stop and listen in on her descriptions of the paintings, sculpture and the history behind the paintings. They wished they were with us and had Francesca as their guide! She also took us to amazing restaurants and cafes that were frequented by locals. I have already recommended her to friends traveling to Florence in a few months. One final word: AWESOME.

1  Thank sunnydays11_11
FantasticFlorence, Proprietario at Fantastic Florence, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Melissa, I am very happy to hear that you and your family have enjoyed so much the time we spent together. For me it was nice too!
Take care,

There are newer reviews for Fantastic Florence

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I booked three 3- hour tours with Francesca and we loved every minute of each one. We chose our own itineraries and Francesca had an amazing expertise in all areas. She was so well versed in Florentine art and history that we walked away with a deep understanding of Florence past and present. She was flexible and spoke English beautifully.
We do intend to return and will definitely call on Francesca for all our touring needs!

Thank you so much for your nice review. I wish you all the best from my heart.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We read the 'Fantastic Florence' website and decided to contact Francesca, as we liked the write up about her services as a local guide in her city. Both myself and my wife enjoy the arts, culture and history and have pretty high expectations. Francesca was punctual, highly articulate, completely fluent in English, educated, knowledgeable, motivated and enthusiastic . I very much doubt we could have got the services of a better guide. We just could not absorb enough of the history of Florence, and Francesca provided as much as she could in the time we had available, never failing to put everything into context for the modern mind. Also a great choice for a true Italian coffee stop. Francesca thank you so much for adding this dimension to our holiday. I hope you continue as a guide for when we return!

FantasticFlorence, Proprietario at Fantastic Florence, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear David,
I am really happy to see that you have enjoyed our visit in Florence so much. It was lovely to see with you you the buildings and the squares of the city and above all to talk about the Medici family. I will watch the Internet series about the Medici that you told me!
I hope to see you again here around, I will be glad to guide you once more and to show you many other beautiful things to go deeper into the Florentine history!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The tours offered by Francesca via Fantastic Florence are a must for any visitor in Florence. We were so impressed with our first walking tour last year that there was no doubt that we'd contact Francesca again. And we did.

Her knowledge and passion for her city are impressive. She is knowledgeable about all of the artists, the architecture, the history and the Florentine lifestyle. She speaks multiple languages.

I highly recommend taking a tour through Fantastic Florence. I'm already looking forward to planning my next trip and will be sure to contact Francesca again.

FantasticFlorence, Owner at Fantastic Florence, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Eileen, our tour was really lovely and I am very happy you decided to come back to Florence having me as your guide again, for the second time!! I have tried to show you "my" Florence, through the places where I go for lunch or just to relax in front of a good Chianti wine. And I hope I succeeded!
I hope to see you again in Florence, we have to make the third tour!

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Francesca is brilliant and vibrant. Captivated everyone in our group. Answered every question with authority. Highly recommend her.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I have tried to do my best, giving answers to the questions you made. I really like when my guests make questions, because it means that they are involved in the experience of getting to know Florence.
I wish you all the best,