Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
FindHotel
CheapTickets
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here in the summer of last year and it was great! The hotel is right in the heart of the city but still quiet enough to warrant a peaceful stay. Our window faced the street but that was not a problem. There are only a handful of rooms and it has a certain rustic charm to it. The owner is very helpful with whatever questions you have, and she even reserved museum tickets for us. We had to share a bathroom but that was not a problem. Overall, I would stay here again in the future.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank eva_www
Reviewed July 13, 2015

I stayed here for two nights by myself (in a single room) and one night with my husband (in a double -or bigger- room) while on a visit to Florence. I took earlier advice and requested a room near the courtyard- I would definitely recommend this! the rooms were simply furnished but functional, and the bathroom was just fine, as long as you're okay with a shared bathroom. There was a small 'living room' with couches, a fridge, a TV, and books/games/movies. I didn't spend a lot of time here, as I was out and about a lot, but it suited me well and was very affordable! One thing to note- make sure you're looking closely for the hotel the first time- it can be easy to miss if you don't know what you're looking for!

Room tip: Request a courtyard/garden room!
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank SHinLawrence
Reviewed July 4, 2015

It is the best possible placement in Florence with easy access to everything, however, it is hard to find. It is on the first floor of a building with no signs expect the name of it on the doorbell (there is a tourist info shop down the road from it though so we asked them). We didn't know it would be a shared bathroom and the bathroom is right opposite the reception which is quite awkward after a shower if you forget your clothes and have to do the walk in nothing but a towel.

The staff were really helpful though and like i said if you want to be right in the centre of Florence this is for you!

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2015 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights at Hotel Orchidea. The hotel is very secure and very close to restaurants, bars and shops although there is very little noise from the rooms. The staff were incredibly helpful and polite. We did have to share a bathroom but it was always well stocked, clean, fresh-smelling and available for use. The room was huge for just the 2 of us! There was a large ceiling fan which was essential to keep you cool at night. There was a mosquito repellent machine provided too. I really could not fault anything about my stay here and would highly recommend it.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2015

This is an old-style Pensione, on the second floor of an old building in the heart of the historic centre of Florence, Italy. The bathrooms are shared, so if you are a faint-of-heart traveler, this may not be for you. That being said, in the five days we were there, we had zero problems/issues with bathroom/shower access, and cleanliness was never an issue.

The owner/staff were wonderful, making reservations for us at the Uffizi and Accademia. Our cost (five nights) was half of what we paid for four nights in Rome, and everything was in easy walking distance.

There is a cool little square 50 feet from the front door of the building, which by the end of the trip was "our" square, where you can go for a coffee and sweet in the morning, or where you can hang until all hours of the night at the Irish Pub...and, of course, where there is a gourmet gelato shop.

Room tip: If you are a light sleeper, or early to bed, ask for a room facing the courtyard!
Date of stay: June 2015