Hotel Locanda Orchidea
Hotel Bodoni(Florence)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Il Duca(Florence)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold town florencetea and coffee making facilitiesenjoyed our stayperfect locationstayed for nightsbed was comfortablesmall hotelponte vecchiostreet noisewalked everywheretrain stationcroissantsearplugsheartlucianoattractionsfirenze
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2014

What a lovely, peaceful and friendly place. Miranda and her colleagues looked after us very well. The Orchidea is right in the heart of Florence and no distance from all the major places for visitors.
We stayed in the back of the hotel and we could have been in the countryside for the lack of noise. (The front is noisier!) We will definitely stay there again next time we visit.

Room Tip: Book early! Ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PeterCKSmith
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I'll start by saying this is where I will stay in Florence when traveling alone. It's clean, it's centrally and conveniently located, it's off the beaten path just enough to be quiet but safe, and the staff is accommodating, attentive, and friendly. You can't beat it for the price.

One thing to mention- it was a bit chilly in my room (I stayed in late November). To be fair, I didn't bring it up with the staff, and based on their service with other things (I borrowed a blow dryer, needed to purchase shampoo nearby, etc.), I'm sure they would've provided another blanket or heating solution.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank emily_schildt
Reviewed March 26, 2014

we got to locanda orchidea because we were in a hurry, and had to find a hotel quickly.
overall, the staff was very nice and helpful! room was very clean and beautifully decorated. the bed was ok for one night, but i wouldnt buy one like this to my home...
there was alot of noise from the street at night - the windows didnt seem to be helpful in blocking noises.
breakfast coupon for the near bar is good value for money!
if we had more time to choose - i would choose a different hotel, with private bathrooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aviram M
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Located at the central area of the city. One of the prettiest room I have ever stayed at. Everything was very clean including the shared bathroom. Free tea and coffee whenever I want. The only problem was the noise of drunkards from the street at night. (So they provide ear plugs)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank J Hoon K
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Hotel's location is its strongest point. It's only a few minutes' walk from Duomo and other historical sites and museums - the thing I apreciated the most. The room was quite comfortable and well designed what added a lot to the exceptional atmosphere of the city.The hosts were very helpful and the most welcoming.The unique drawback in my case was the noise coming from the nearby street that did not finish until 3-4 a.m. Notwithstanding I am left with really fabulous memories of my stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: "A street room would not be recomened"
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo