“Wedding with a difference”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Florence
Villa Poggio San Felice
Ranked #161 of 326 Specialty Lodging in Florence
Reviewed January 2, 2009

We had our wedding there in September booking the entire place for 2 nights. IT truely is a beautiful location, everything was just perfect and we all will remember the time spent there fondly.

As with positives there are negatives. If you are driving yourself you will get a little lost on your first visit, the roads are very narrow but if you get a taxi they all know the place. Also we felt a little like it was someones home rather than a hotel as we partied a little late in the night following the wedding. it would have been nice to let our hair down but we felt restricted being watched over by the owner which put a downer on the day a little.

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank dwnfallen

Reviewed October 9, 2008

My husband and I had our wedding and reception here in April of 2008. Coming from the USA and planning a wedding abroad, we really had no idea what to expect when we arrived in Italy. Our (as well as our families') stay at the Villa went way beyond what we ever expected -- Lorenzo and Livia were so warm and extremely helpful to everyone in our party. Livia even drove my mom and aunt to her hair salon so they could get their hair done for the wedding!
Aside from the lovely owners, the villa itself is gorgeous and quaint, and just far enough from the bustle of Florence to allow for some quiet. It may not be the most convenient place to be if you're looking to be in the city constantly, but for us having our families together in this beautiful place for our wedding was the perfect fit. We think of it often -- and we will be back!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank cbicpt
Reviewed September 22, 2008

We chose to have our wedding reception here and it is a beautiful place. Amazing views over Florence and the surrounding countryside, lovely gardens, villa has lots of character and Lorenzo is very friendly and helpful. The villa is well situated in that it provides a good base to explore the surrounding countryside or the centre of Florence as desired. Can't wait to go back for our 1st anniversary!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dom-n-Lin
Reviewed August 27, 2008

The location is fantastic and the house is beautiful - there is also a modern and clean swimming pool and the view from the house over Florence is wonderful but we felt the service was not at all welcoming or warm. Lorenzo was polite but he hardly spoke a word to us and when I attempted to chat to him he pretty much cut me dead. He showed us to our room and then dissapeared and I had to go and find him to find out about the best way to get into the city because we didn't want to drive (he'd not mentioned anything about the shuttle bus although I'd read about it on the website), the best way to get home in the evening (advice on taxis etc) and basic questions about breakfast and check out because he'd told us nothing.

I wouldn't say he was rude but we got the feeling that we weren't particularly welcome and it did very much effect our stay. It was a real shame because the whole experience could have been so much better. As a result we won't be going back there.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HepburnLondon
liloFirenze, owner at Villa Poggio San Felice, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2008

I'm Lorenzo, the owner of Villa Poggio San Felice. I read your review on tripadvisor and I really regret about it. I apologize to you if I didn't seem you helpful but it's very strange because I always inform my guests about all our services during the check in time. It's also strange that I disappeared because I live here and if I'm not at the reception I'm in my house, and you always can contact me by phone with 2 internal numbers. Maybe I was in the garden....
I'm waiting for your kind answer.
Best regards
Lorenzo

Reviewed February 17, 2008

Villa Poggio San Felice is hands down the BEST place to stay in Florence. I had my wedding at the villa this past December and every time I think about how beautiful the weddding was, how warm and inviting the rooms were and the service provided by Lorezo and Livia and always start to tear up. Lorenzo was so patient with my parents, who needed special attention. He really went above and beyond as a host.The breakfast was phenomenal and Lorenzo always drove us into the heart of Florence every morning. During our stay, my husband and I regreted booking a room at a 5 star hotel our last night in Florence rather than staying at the villa. (If only we had known...)
The whole experience was simply magical and does not get anybetter that what I experienced. One of my favorite places in the world....

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank wormwood1
Reviewed June 26, 2007

I didn't want to leave this place. We actually centered our itinerary for Italy around Villa Poggio. The photos I took are unbelievable. The charm and beauty is spectacular. Lorenzo and Livia are so warm and friendly. It felt like we were visiting old friends. I walked around constantly with a smile on my face. Lorenzo drives you to town (Florence) and picks you up in their minivan at appointed times. There are restaurants within walking distance, but don't miss one of their homemade dinners. They serve a lovely breakfast every morning (of course, it is a b and b). We also enjoyed dinner at Crispina Rays within walking distance. There were two weddings book-ending our week there, no wonder, this place is a dream come true for newly weds or oldly weds like us!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank giuliasgarden
Reviewed June 24, 2007

We have just returned from a trip to Italy and a delightful stay at Villa Poggio Sanfelice. Livia and Lorenzo were the consummate hosts....warm, helpful, and gracious in every way. The villa was magnificent, located on a hill overlooking Florence. The views were breathtakingly beautiful not only in the daytime but the nighttime as well.

I will never forget this trip because Livia and Lorenzo arranged for a driver who helped us search out and locate relatives whom I had never met. What a treat and a dream come true!!

June 25, 2007