“Excellent location and good value for money.”
Review of Hotel Bigallo

Hotel Bigallo
Ranked #198 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our stay at Hotel Bigallo was brilliant. Excellent location. Clean room that was serviced every day. Air conditioning was great. Nice big bathroom with good shower. T.V. with adequate channels. Lovely to have a fridge that kept Peronis cool for the return after stomping the museums, gardens, churches and palaces. Breakfast was good, with a great coffee machine to help kick start the day. 24 hour reception. Great views from lobby area.

Great pannini 'booth' down a side street (turn right out of hotel and then a second left) I due Fratellis. Would love to return at some point - after rubbing Il Porcellino's nose it's definite!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Billy-Shyne

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I chose Hotel Bigallo based on the reviews and was happy that I've made the right choice!! The room is huge, air con is strong and the view (Piazza Del Duomo is just outside my window!) is fantastic! It is about 10 mins walk from the train station, a bit far if you asked me, in hot Italy summer. But we came from Singapore so it's not a big problem to us.

We love the room the moment we stepped in. It is the biggest room with the biggest shower we stayed in Italy. The breakfast was also nice and the staff who has to take care of breakfast and front desk was very friendly and efficient!

Hotel is located right in the middle of everything. Lots of food and lovely coffee shops. We asked the front desk to tell us where to go for dinner and her recommendations turned out to be superb! It is about 5 - 10 mins walk from the hotel and if not for her, we won't even venture to these streets in the area. There are many hidden treasures around Duomo area and you just gotta explore them.

We sleep soundly in this hotel, 3 star price, 5 star comfort!

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the Duomo!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank chriskoh7770
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great hotel, lovely room with air con and TV. Hotel is in a fantastic position just on the corner overlooking the Catherdral and only a 5 minute walk from the Uffizi perfect for everything as its so central. Nice continental breakfast and friendly staff.

Only small moan is that you have to pay for the wifi.

We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nettieboms
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel Bigallo is centrally located across the street from the il Duomo. The view from my room was magnificent! Aside from that, however, the hotel was very nice and clean. The room must have been recently renovated. Efficient, clean room with AC (we were there in the hottest early August days), and WiFi. Breakfast was included and it had the typical variety for a hearty breakfast. Great hotel at a great price! You should request a room facing the church.

Room Tip: You should request a room facing the church.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JRfromDC
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Staff was not accommodating. For some reason, the hotel had me with two rooms reserved but I only reserved one. They refused to refund me one room and were not even nice about it. The location is great, but the noise level is a bit like sleeping in a stadium. Given the service and rooms I would spend my my money elsewhere. There are other wonderful locations, and I do not recommend spending money at a hotel that bilks people out of money

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've stayed in Florence many times but never at the hotel bigallo but rest assured this is now my first choice when traveling on a budget. I got a double room for £96 bandit was a bargain. The location is fantastic, right next to duomo and within 5 minutes walk of all sights. The room was a good size, immaculate, friendly staff and very secure. I never had breakfast but the dining room looked very pleasant.
Do nother hesitate to book a room here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lick041277
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We visited Florence over the Easter Weekend and managed to secure a room here for a really reasonable rate.

Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. My one small gripe would be the hairdryer was a little limp for someone with long hair, but it is a minor point - there were no major problems with the room.

We took advantage of all the lovely coffee shops Florence has to offer so opted not to have breakfast at the hotel, so I cant comment on food quality etc.

The best thing about the hotel is the location - you can't get better. It is just of the Piazza del Duomo and surrounded by shops, coffee shops and cafes and is no further than a 10 minute stroll from all of the sites north of the river.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple