“Great Experience”

Palazzo dal Borgo Hotel Aprile
Ranked #142 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Originally I booked 3 nights and ended up staying six and made Florence my hub for exploring Tuscany. It is a lovely boutique style hotel that has great Florentine charm. My room was very large for a European hotel with a pristine bath that included a deep soaking tub. The tub was great after a long day exploring the city. In addition, I had a beautiful view of Santa Maria Novella. The location is quiet but very centrally located. Please remember you are in Florence which is a city so by definition there is some noise but I thought it was very quiet.

The staff was very professional and helpful from dinner reservations to printing off tickets for me with a smile. The housekeeper was lovely and quite frankly I wanted to bring her home with me. I feel bad that I cannot remember her name. One thing that stood out to me was that a housekeeper never knocked on my door and interrupted me. They cleaned the room on my schedule. The overall service was seamless and anyone who travels a lot knows how rare that is.

I would definitely stay there again and recommend it as it was recommended to me. About a 5-10 minute walk from almost everything. Thanks for a great experience,

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JuleB
palazzodalborgo, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Palazzo dal Borgo Hotel Aprile, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

A heartfelt thank you from us all for your very kind words, they remind us why we enjoy working in this business, and they make us feel our efforts are worth while.
We very much hope we shall have the pleasure of seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Convenient location. NOISY!!! MISERABLE ROOM!!! Breakfast ok. SUMMER, SUMMER!!! NO AIR CONDITIONER OR CENTRAL AIR AS ADVERTISED- THEY BROKE. The front desk staff looked cold and dumb. The breakfast staff is the only warm face around there. I know Florence's hotels are bad. BUT THIS ONE IS RATED OFFICIALLY AT 4 STARS and do charge a lot $248 plus tax per night. . When we checked out, they claimed that we have to pay an $8 per night local tax - additional. Weird. If you do not mind those miserable rooms and the noise starting at 6am, go for it. I am talking about the motorcycle noise.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank daredar

Dear Guest,
First and foremost, thank you for staying with us.
We are however disappointed that your stay was not up to your expectations. As you can see from other reviews our guests do appreciate all our staff’s courtesy. Unfortunately some noise has to be expected in the centre of a busy city such as Florence but we do have plenty of very quiet rooms facing away from the street and are now finishing the change to totally insulated windows on the street side, we are therefore sorry you were not able to enjoy them. Concerning the added tax, this has been introduced by town administration to which it goes directly

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Me and my patner stayed at this hotel for a long weekend from the 1st-3rd december through a groupon deal. The staff were brilliant and extermely plesant. I had asked for a room at the back of the hotel prior to my stay (which they were more than happy to accomidate me with) and stayed in room 67 which was on the top floor, the room was lovely and there was very little noise ( for people who write about outside noise, its a city not countryside!). If you are placed on the top floor don't panic there is an elevator (there are alot of steps!). Breakfast was lovely and there was plenty! It was located in the perfect spot right in the heart of Florence and getting around was so simple from here. We would highly reccomend this hotel and look forward to visiting again! Many thanks to ALL staff who made out stay perfect! Charlotte and Simon

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte M
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed in this hotel last week and we were more than happy with everything... The staff couldn't be more helpful especially Celia and Luana, they advised us where to go for our evening meals Pizzeria Cantopoveri which was first class. Told us places to view and what transport to get.. they were just so helpful thank you.
As regards the hotel we were so comfortable with everything to do with the accommodation and especially with the wonderful breakfast.. what a choice, wish we could have that at home each day. the service was always with a smile and with a pot of tea each day it was so appreciated thank you. Yes we will be back again in a year or so what a place just great.
I would also like to say a big thank you to Riccarde Fucconi the boss.. he was so nice to us and so helpful just a pity we just saw him on the last day.. so informative and nothing was too much for him thank you.
We will be back but again a big thank you.
Margaret & Carl

Room Tip: We had roon 64 and it was so quiet and the bed was more than comfortable. bed linen was crisp and sp...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
palazzodalborgo, Responsabile reception at Palazzo dal Borgo Hotel Aprile, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Guests,
It’s a pleasure to read your wonderful feedback, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our service as this is exactly what we strive to achieve.
Many thanks for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I generally like hotels with a touch of faded grandeur and this hotel has that. The problem was that my room (and that of my friends over the corridor) was so noisy. My room was on the ground floor right by the bar and the first morning I was woken up at 6.30 by the coffee machine busily at work and the chatter of the staff using it. It was so loud I felt I was in the room with them. When I discussed this with reception they said it was because they'd had to do an early breakfast. They did offer me another room but I was just on my way out with others and a guide and didn't have time to change at that moment. It was a mistake as the next morning the racket was just as early and even louder. My friends had the same problem but their room was even worse because they got the traffic noise at the front too. I cannot understand why the hotel uses these rooms - they must get complaints all the time. I also cannot understand why they don't move the coffee machine away and into the kitchen. It did, to an extent, spoil our trip to this beautiful city as we were all suffering from lack of sleep.
It is in a convenient location, near to the station, though I think next time I will find a place nearer to the river or on the other side.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank irislondon000
palazzodalborgo, Proprietario at Palazzo dal Borgo Hotel Aprile, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Guest,
We are truly sorry that during your stay with us you were inconvenienced by noise from the bar for which we apologise. Although it has seldom been mentioned by guests, we were already planning to move the coffee machine to the kitchen area. So we thank you for your feedback which confirms we have made the right decision. However, as you have mentioned, our staff were quite willing to change you room and offered to more than once, as we do try our very best to make our clients’ stay as agreeable as possible.
We very much hope you will reconsider and give us the opportunity of welcoming you and your friends back at Palazzo dal Borgo , when we shall make sure you will enjoy one of our many
quieter rooms.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at the hotel in October as a family with 2 kids. The hotel and staff couldn't have been more accommodating, thoughtful or friendly. We had plenty of room, were perfectly located for all sightseeing and were spoilt for attention. There were no other kids there but ours were spoilt with hot chocolate, pastries and staff happy to chat to them.
The breakfast courtyard is beautiful-I could have sat there all day but the best treat was
Getting acquainted with Signore Ricardo Zuccani, the owner who loves to keep his guests happy.

Ricardo shared some of his fabulous knowledge of Florence and gave up his time to take our small group on a 3 hour walking tour of his 'hidden Florence'. what a treat! We wandered the streets, learnt about the local politics through the centuries and got an appreciation of the 'santo spirito' or true Florentenes. I have never had a more personal and thoughtful hotel experience.

I recommend this hotel to everyone-families, couples, anyone who wants an authentic Italian hospitality. Truly magnificent!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back will be quieter from street noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
palazzodalborgo, Proprietario at Palazzo dal Borgo Hotel Aprile, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear lynn
thank you so much for your nice words. I'm sorry to answer so late but I have two weeks vacation in November, hoteliers travel in the low season. I can say that my job is wonderfull when I meet people like you and your family. To run an hotel is not easy, as Mark Twain used to say "Every saints can do a miracle but only a few people can run an Hotel"
I grew up in the Hotel, my parents started il 1952. The best part of this job is that people from all over the world come to visit you and after a few years you have friends everywhere.

To go around Florence with all of you was my pleasure. I'm very proud of my city and adore to show it to my guest. I really hope you can come back sometime
Ciao Riccardo

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Hotel Palazzo del Borgo is very conveniently situated for all the sights in Florence, but in a quiet area so not noisy at night. The building is full of character, with a lovely open courtyard for breakfasts and drinks. Our room was extremely comfortable and clean, and even had its very own 'view'. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. And breakfasts were amazing. Overall, couldn't have wanted a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SW1234057
palazzodalborgo, Responsabile reception at Palazzo dal Borgo Hotel Aprile, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your kind words. We are very glad you evnjoyed your stay with us and really hope to see you again at Palazzo dal Borgo!