“Great Budget Hotel and Warm Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Balcony

Hotel Balcony
Ranked #81 of 421 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great Budget Hotel and Warm Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed for one night since it is pretty close to train station.

The owner of the hotel is very friendly. He and His son were very helpful. Since it is a budget hotel I don't have any exception before checkin. After checkin, the room were pretty fine and better that what I excepted. Bathroom and Bed were very clean.

Hotel location were great, you could start your city tour by walking. It should be taking you approx full day to finish the tour on your own.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

i stayed in this hotel 2 weeks ago, with my family it was what i expected small but clean,the front desk very helpful ,breakfast is continental okay
very close to every thing,i will come back to this hotel with out a doubt

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank fersan2413
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights while on a bus trip through Europe. The room we got was cheaper then what the recommended hostel through the bus trip was offering and i found it really nice. The room was big and we had our own balcony (no view but not an issue). The bathroom was big and clean and had everything we needed.

Breakfast was included in the room and had everything you would expect to see at a typical european breakfast. The location is amazing and less then a minute walk from the Duomo and the heart of the city. You can see the duomo while sitting on the outside balcony. When you check in your given a map and the guy at reception pointed out all the main sights for us and told us what buses to catch and how to get around.

But my favourite part of the hotel was the staff!!! I had my wallet stolen in the city and the guy behind the desk went so far past above and beyond to help me i was amazed. He let me use his personal cellphone (multiple times) to cancel all my credit cards and showed us how to get to the police station. He wrote a note for me in italian for the police officer incase there was a language barrier and he even offered to lend us his bike to get there! When we got back he gave us some drinks and chips to eat while i was filing out my forms and he brought us over dinner from the restaurant next door.

I was absolutely blown away by his kindness and i couldn't thank him enough. I tried to give him a little bit of money to say thanks but he wouldn't take it. He made a really horrible situation seem not so bad.

I would definitely stay here again and thank you so much!!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Claire_smith4597
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was our second time at Hotel Balcony for one night on our way home from two weeks in Monte San Savino. Again another great stay. Clean, good value, helpful and friendly staff. Great balcony too!!!! Excellent location - some 10 mins slow walk from station and minutes from the Duomo and other sights. Very quiet and excellent air con so very comfortable. We will definitely return in 2015. Thanks again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GreeceLoverLondon
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

After I got over the budget qualities, I really liked this hotel!
It is centrally located and a very short and easy (not counting cobble-stones!) walk from the train station. The hotel is located a bit on the edge of a dark area, but I always felt safe.

Just open the door and look to the right to get a glimpse of the Duomo right out the front door... couldn't have asked for a better location for sight-seeing.

I had a single room that was not much bigger than the twin bed, but expected no more. The bed was not soft, but the firmness felt good and I slept like a baby. The bathroom was tiny and very narrow. I had difficulty moving around in the corner shower stall and I am a small person, there was nowhere to put the soap, so that made it even more challenging, but I had plenty of hot water for a nice shower every day.

My room was on the back side, second floor, no problem with noise. The second day, I discovered a small balcony with a patio table outside the French door of my room and that made me very happy- laundry time! Washed out my clothes in the sink and hung them outside to dry...ate a sandwich and just adored the beautiful Florence sky.

The son of the owner, Guido, was so nice and his mom was a doll! I asked for another bottle of the bodywash trying to explain that I wanted to wash my clothes. She said the attendants had gone home and the supplies were locked. I was disappointed because well, there must be some laying around. She went into their kitchen and brought out what seemed to be her own shampoo and poured me about half a cup into a cup! I was so grateful for the personal gesture.

I think the family lives in the hotel as they visit with their friends in the breezeway and around the tv in the evenings. It felt like home.

The breakfast was cold and simple, the juice was like Tang, but the cappuccino was great and it gets you going in the morning. One day there was no maid service, but I really didn't mind. There are creepy curtains covering some dark openings and the television barely worked, but I would stay there again.

Don't expect much in amenities and you will be quite satisfied. I enjoyed my stay at the hotel Balcony.

(One very important note: the air conditioner is turned off in the building from sometime around ten to three; I was very put out on arrival as I was extremely hot and sweaty from the train ride, the other days, I wasn't even there to notice, though. Just be prepared.)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
      Location
4 Thank espressOcrema d
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Booked this hotel for a overnight stay in Florence as it was 2 blocks form the Duomo and a very reasonable price.
Room was small and a little old fashioned, but it had great WIFI, air-conditioning and included breakfast. The location was very quiet even though it was so centrally located.
The balcony is a great place to sit at night and enjoy a drink in a beautiful city.
Will definitely stay here when I visit again.
Owner and his son were very helpful and allowed us to leave our suitcases after check out , so we could enjoy the city before we headed to the train station.

Room Tip: Our room opened on to the balcony, but we were not disturbed and there was no city noise.