“great location, great service for 2 star hotel”
Review of Hotel Balcony

Hotel Balcony
Ranked #109 of 411 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 7, 2012

In the heart of florence 2 minute from the station
Basic but at the same time charming old fashion that makes your florence experience more genuine. Service very friendly and helpfull. If you drive there they can get a garage to collect your car and park it for 25€ day

• Stayed: October 2012
There are newer reviews for Hotel Balcony

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Florence was the second stop on our European trip. Florence is my favorite Italian city. I could spend so much time there. I love it!! Hotel Balcony is in a perfect location. You can literally see the Duomo from the hotel's balcony, which is a lovely place to sit for breakfast or in the evening with a glass of wine. It also makes it an easy walk to any attraction you want to see, which is easy to say in Florence because it is pretty easy to walk everywhere there.

Hotel Balcony was very comfortable and clean. We appreciated all of the help and conversation we received from Dominico. He was a great host and suggested a great dinner spot where we ate a couple of our meals (Canto De'Nelli). The hotel breakfast was perfect, and just what we needed to start our days. I would recommend Hotel Balcony to anyone looking for a good place to stay in Florence. Our room did face the street, and when the windows were open - yes you could hear the cars. But once we closed the windows, it was quiet and easy to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a 2 star hotel, I wasn't expecting much and I was only staying for 1 night. It's run by a family and they are all very helpful and polite. The room itself was a good size but the beds weren't so comfortable. Also, our room was facing the street and it was very noisy with all the cars and sirens in the morning. If possible, ask for a room on a higgher level and not facing the street, It is very well located as it's a 5 minute walk from the train station and you can see the Duomo from the hotel balcony.
Not sure I would have been happy staying more than 1 night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at hotel balcony September 2012 and had a great stay. The room was clean, the breakfast delicious, and the location amazing. The front desk was very helpful on finding things around town and gave great directions! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It is 130 euros in two nights, and Duomo is a breakfast lump and a very profitable hotel soon.
The breakfast eaten on the balcony of the hotel was very delicious.
And the young staff was kind. He taught about the tourist draw in Florence.
The inside of the room was also clean and had sufficient width to stay by two persons.
When visiting again to Florence, I would like to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Absolute gem in Florence! Fantastic central location right up the road from the Duomo and the room was clean, very spacious, nicely air conditioned, and well equipped with everything you could possibly need. The staff were the most helpful we encountered during our 3 week trip of Europe and honestly couldn't do enough to help us. It's a cute little family run hotel and they seem to really take pride in how they run it - saying hi/bye when you passed reception, chatting a little and helping you find things at breakfast, quickly getting more food/teabags if they ran out (even if it was the end of breakfast time), and they even kindly printed boarding passes for our flights. We only stayed 2 nights but I'm sure if we needed help with buying tickets or making plans they would have been great with this too. It was wonderful! :) Would definitely stay here again, and think it was amazing value for the price, especially when Italy in general and other Florence hotels are usually so expensive. The only thing I would improve is that the towels were a little bit of a weird texture so I preferred to use my own. If any of the staff are reading this thank you so much for an absolutely perfect stay in Florence! I wish there were more hotels like yours!!! :)

Oh and as an extra note: the restaurant next door to the hotel serves pretty nice pasta for a very reasonable price. Worth a try!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank strangequarklet
Reviewed August 16, 2012

When I found myself suddenly without a place to stay in Florence at 8pm on a Sunday night, I did a quick search of Trip Advisor and found that Hotel Balcony was literally around the corner from where I was. I walked over to see what it was like and was relieved to find the hotel to be clean, quiet, and well maintained. My room was small, but for 55 euros a night in the heart of Florence, and with a full continental breakfast included, it was an excellent value. I only spoke to one staff member - the guy who was working the front desk - but he was very polite, spoke good English (thankfully), and seemed to be genuinely happy to have another guest based on the Trip Advisor recommendations. Definitely a place I'd recommend to others and would stay at again.

Room Tip: Single rooms are small, but very clean, comfortable, and quiet, and the hotel balcony is a great pla...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo