“Pretty good”
Review of Chiazza

Chiazza
Ranked #313 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed August 1, 2009

If arriving by train - take a taxi there (not worth lugging the luggage for 20 minutes). Pretty good location - 15 minutes from Duomo. On a small street, so pretty quiet. The only minus - no elevators, so you need to climb 3 flights of stairs (pretty tall steps). The rooms are very spacious. AC. Shower curtain is not installed for some reason so it gets wet - I think Italians prefer to take baths, not showers :). I'd recommend this hotel to younger mobile money-wise travelers.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 11, 2008

We loved our stay at this hotel. Perfect location and the amazing staff really made our stay. A nice desk clerk recommended two amazing restaurants and places to go out at night after. The guy really went out of his way for us letting us use his computer at the front desk to check internet. Then another staff member was so worried we wouldnt get a message from a friend she kept checking to see if we were back until we got it. They were all so nice. While the second floor of a walk up and a shower over the toilet may not be ideal for many older travelers, the price plus the service made it just perfect for us. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank rachelia18
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We actually stayed in the apartment behind the hotel. We think it was just converted to an apt from possibly being a shop of some sort. The entrance was all glass with an awning, like a store, but they had big curtains to give you privacy. It was so far into the courtyard, nobody came by anyways. We don't think all the renovation work was completed as some stuff seemed unusual, like machinery in the corner and odd chemicals under the sinks. However it was huge! It was very clean!! It was extremely private and quiet!! It had a living room with sofa bed and a big bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. The oven wasn't working yet. The fridge was the biggest I saw in Italy. We really enjoyed it. The breakfast at the hotel was better than most in Italy. Croissants, cereal, fruit, juice, bread, and cakes. The staff was very helpful. The location is excellent; a very quiet street but 3 minutes from the Duomo and several churches that gave free concerts every night. and other night activites.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ampanmangal
Reviewed June 17, 2008

I didn't like this hotel at all. First, the shower was right in the middle of the bathroom were everything get wet since it doesn't have curtain. Sometime the water didn't drain well and we end with a mini pool in the bathroom. The room was a little opaque. The hotel was at the third floor, for them at the second floor. The hotel was at walking distance from the Duomo, Galleria and Uffizi. Be careful when you are taking the bus, can get a little confusing, at first we were toward the other way, we return to the Duomo and walk to the hotel.

I will not return to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank Kariluz D
Reviewed June 8, 2008

Spent 4 nights here in mid-May in a room with 3 beds, although we had requested a double room. The room was very large, light and airy. The hotel is far from glitzy but there were so many things we liked about it:

- great central location
- room facing a very quiet courtyard
- great management and employees
- nice breakfast

Right across from the hotel there is a small bakery selling two-bite pizzas with great toppings - if you stay there, try the sauteed onions or the porcini.

Nice place, will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelz0ne
Reviewed February 6, 2008

We just returned from 5 days in Albergo Chiazza - yes it is 2 flight walk up - but this was no problem for me and my daughter - we travel light and are in good-ish shape. The room was comfortable - it was cold when we first arrived, but after the heat came on the rest of the time was fine. It was quiet in general. The staff were pleasant, the room cleaned well every day. There was an a/c and a TV in the room, but we didn't use either - so I can't comment. The beds were comfy, the bathroom was as others described with a shower not enclosed by anything but a curtain - BUT - the water pressure was good and the water nice and HOT - can be difficult to find in budget hotels. Breakfast was good, although after 5 days, I was looking for a little more variety - maybe a banana or cheese here and there - not really a big issue though. The staff arranged to have a cab meet us at the crack of dawn (6am) to go to the airport and thankfully it was there with time to spare. The location was fantastic - we were two women alone and did not feel unsafe once, even late at night. There is apparently a good restaurant across the street, but it didn't look like it would fit our budget, so I didn't try it - it seemed very popular with locals though. In short, they offered us a great price with perfectly adequate accomodations, safe, clean, quiet and hot water which enabled us to visit for 5 days -- bellissimo!

• Stayed: February 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Pennystinker1
Reviewed February 2, 2008

I was about sick reading some of these crybaby reviews about the Albergo Chiazza...

My fiancee and I styed there in June for 3 nights and had a great stay. On our 2 week trip to Italy, this was probably the best place we stayed. I liked it so much I recommended it to my sister and she stayed too (and loved it). I should mention that we were on a tight budget, but we ddi stay at 3-4 other places at around 80-120 Euro/night and this was the most for the money.

Location:
Superb. Not right in teh heart of the city center (ie, Duomo), but only about a 10 minute walk. Its actually close to the Accademia (David) and not far from Uffizi, either. Plus, it gets you to side of town you might not otehrwise go to. Tucked into an alley way with a real Italian neighborhood feel--it really worked for us!

Staff:
some of teh most pleasant people we met. it wasnt crowded when we were there so we got the royal treatment--like a personal concigere. breakfast was great too

Rooms:
Now this was probably the only place I stayed with AC the whole time and it was great. Much better than a hostle. we had no issues with the AC working, although I do not recall a control unit in teh room. The bed was fine...no real memory of it though. The shower was down the hall for us, but we knew that going in so it wasnt bad (or different from pretty much anywhere else we stayed).

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple