“We had an great stay”

Ranked #259 of 421 Hotels in Florence
APO AE
“We had an great stay”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My friend and I decided to head to Florence for a long weekend. FInding a hotel was tricky because most of them are expensive! Though the reviews were mixed for De Lanzi, the location could not be beat plus I booked directly on their website and pre-paid to take advantage of a 10% discount. Well, we were perfectly satisfied with our stay! Everyone was so nice to us at the reception, the room had a gorgeous view of the Duomo, and the beds were comfortable. It was a typical Italian city hotel in my opinion. No perks, but a great stay. If you are looking for good price for a great location without frills, I would recommend you stay here. Plus the best gelato shop, "Grom" is right across!! You must try to gelato here!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed August 29, 2010

excellent location, great rooms and friendly staff. right beside the best gelato shop and metres away from the dumo. quiet with a lovely courtyard for drinks. breakfast was good with great coffee. this is a great hotel and an excellent price for the location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
York
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I had booked the Hotel Bigallo due to reviews on here. Arrived at hotel and were waiting outside a locked hotel for 30mins. A local trader approached us and told us that the sister hotel De Lanzi was around the corner and to report there and that "this happens all the time". We had booked 2 rooms for 3 nights and on checking in we were told we had booked an additional 2 rooms for 2 nights. After refusing this, we had to wait to speak to the "owner" the following day who was so rude I can not believe it. She was unwilling to listen to us. They insisted we paid them an additional fee for the price of two rooms for 1 night for not "cancelling" our extra reservation which we never made. When I complained that they never told us they had moved us to the De Lanzi hotel they said they had sent an email and its "not their fault if I didn't receive it" although they quite clearly spelt the email address wrongly. If I hadn't been with my older parents my husband and I would have just left and found another hotel elsewhere but this was the first week in August and Florence was fully booked for the weekend.

Please beware if you choose the De Lanzi you will get awful service from rude staff and possibly be overcharged for the privilege.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank kevnbev

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Reviewed August 8, 2010

The best location you can get very friendly people and hotel room was roomy.

• Stayed August 2010
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 5, 2010

This has to be the worst hotel I have stayed in. The two rooms we had booked had a horrible odor and were dirty. To make matters worse, the air conditioning did not work in either room. The staff was rude. When I left my bag in the room to explore Florence, someone went through my bag.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tennisb16
Oslo
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Hotel De Lanzi is a decent hotel in a side street of the Duomo in Florence. The hotel is of a simple standard, and is located in the third floor of the building. I would recommend the hotel for people that are staying just a few nights in Florence, and want a good location without paying too much (and don't expect too much either). The rooms and facilities were clean and orderly, and the desk staff was helpful. But be aware that it's illegal to drive without a permit in the streets near this hotel. The hotel staff tried to help us avoid a fine, but to no avail.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
south west england
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We stayed here recently. I booked through Venere.com and the price was offered at 78 euros for a double room, with an offer of 4 nights for the price of three. However, when I checked out, they wanted 4 lots of 78 euros (and in cash). They told me the discount had already been taken off the price, but this was NOT stated on their Venere site. I feel this is not only misleading, but sharp practice.
The hotel was in a great location. The room was fine, but the bathroom sink was blocked and dirty when we arrived. The breakfast was quite reasonable and overall the hotel was OK. Some of the 'senior' staff were not particularly friendly and kept me waiting every time at reception, but the breakfast staff and younger members on the desk were very helpful.
Although the location was wanoderful, I disagree with the price deceit and would look for a more honest hotel in future.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business