“Choose the apartment rather than hotel”
Review of De Lanzi

De Lanzi
Ranked #230 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Perth, Australia
“Choose the apartment rather than hotel”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We booked this hotel for 2 night as our room wasn't ready they offered us one of their apartments without any extra charge. It was the most amazing experience we had it makes up,part of the piazza were the Savoy Hotel is located. The room was quite new modern had everyhting we needed for 3 people is centrally located and the hotel allowed us to have breakfast back at the hotel each morning. In the evening we opened the shutters and window and listened to the buskers in the piazza below it was really beautiful. The buiding itself is one of those huge traditional Italian buildings we could not of been happier. I think it was Piazza Roma but can't be sure. We would definitely stay here again and pay the extra for the apartment. We also found the hotel staff to be very friendly & helpful.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and stay in the apartment it is still very central but an amazing place to stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DebPerth_Australia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room had a very bad sour, dusty and moldy odor in it and when reported to the manager there was nothing she could do. As a result our entire stay in Florence was ruined.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words well below are 4000 words, and you can make your own decision. Enough said

Room Tip: I doubt there is a good room because we were not offered it after complaining about our horribly sme...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank G M

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a great hotel for location, it's in the middle of everything and easy walking distance to all the main attractions. The rooms were clean and certainly big enough for a base. If your in Florence to stay in your room you've come to the wrong city. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good -it's continental but with lunch , gelato and dinner and more gelato starting light isn't a bad thing. There is a great little restaurant just down the street called Terra Terra and Grom the gelateria across the street. We loved it here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2012

After having had no luck with my original hotel (Hotel Cassia) as there was no-one there, I decided that I should find alternative accomodation. I walked into the Hotel De Lanzi after enquiring at other hotels and luckily they had a room for the two nights that I had intended to spend in Florence. I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful, and although my italian is pretty good they also spoke fluent english so were able to help when my italian failed me. The room was clean and well turned out with an en-suite bathroom which was equally clean and very satisfactory. Good continental breakfast served in the morning. Also WiFi only 5 Euros for 24 hours. Generally good value for money considering it is just 100 metres from the Duomo. I'm so pleased I spent my time at Hotel De Lanzi and not Hotel Cassia (which was a 25 minute walk away from the historic centre), it made my stay in Florence much more pleasant. Recommended. I would quite happily stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Maria P
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff are unfriendly and quite menacing. The beds are uncomfortable, the showers are cold. The internet is expensive. The breakfast is inedible. It is clean and central, its only saving graces. Stay here only if you need a bed to crash for the night and are on a budget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Florenceforwork
Queensland
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The only positive about this hotel is its location - close to main church, shopping, town square and transport. Unfortunately, once you are swallowed up into the gloomy depths of this circa 1970s decorated (yep no apparent update since then) hotel, there is no escape. The lighting is about half the strength it should be, all the furniture is brown and the general smell needs immediate attention (a whole freshening up - not just masking with air freshener). My husband says our room smelt like urine and he'd be afraid to take a UV light to the bed & walls!

Our view from the window was equally as disappointing - and we frequently heard someone yelling obscenities from a neighboring window in a deep guttural voice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple