We selected this hotel on a recommendation from our wedding planner. I wanted something that had old, European style that didn't break the budget. This hotel definitely delivered on that.
We think, perhaps, that we received some sort of room upgrade, but were given room 26 on the fifth floor. The room was large and tastefully decorated with antique-style furniture. The view from windows was amazing, and I was amazed at how much sound the windows actually blocked from the street below. Though we did sleep every night with the windows open. The air was fresh and we found the sounds of city delightful.
Our favorite part of the hotel was definitely the roof top terrace. It can be enjoyed for breakfast, or after dinner cocktails or anytime. The views of the city are stunning -- don't miss the sunset. There is a small bar just inside that is almost always staffed by a friendly bartender. We enjoyed returning after touring the city each day to have a prosecco and relax before getting ready to go out to dinner.
There were two small cons to our stay. The mattress was a little tired and a bit too firm for our liking. Also, as to be expected with older buildings, the plumbing could use some updating. Takes a little while for the hot water to get going.
The staff was friendly and helpful, and my husband wanted me to mention that he found the mini-bar quite affordable. And the location was wonderful -- around the corner from the Ponte Vecchio, and a short walk from just about anywhere you want to visit in Central Florence.
We would recommend this hotel without reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bechi Family is happy to welcome you to the site of the Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci to discover this charming hotel which is located in two Renaissance palaces, the Palazzo Minerbetti and the Palazzo Strozzi del Poeta, on one of Florence’s most elegant shopping streets and close to the monuments which have made this city famous the world over. The Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci with its heirloom furnishings, refined elegance and modern comforts is a charming and enchanting location on Florence’s most elegant shopping street, the Via de’ Tornabuoni. The hotel consists of two Renaissance palaces, the Palazzo Minerbetti and the Palazzo Strozzi del Poeta, two unique buildings in the heart of Florence’s artistic and historical centre, close to the Ponte Vecchio bridge, the Uffizi Art Gallery and the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore with Brunelleschi’s famous dome and Giotto’s belfry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beacci Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Beacci Tornabuoni Florence