Via Tornabuoni ends at a square within walking distance of every museum and historical site in Florence. The hotel is located there with Tiffany's on one side and high end shops surrounding it. The Arno and bridges are a block in one direction and Uffizi etc in the other. But rooms are quiet on higher floors and little sound comes from the street to the roof garden.
A substantial breakfast is included and may be eaten on the roof where pigeons abound or in a breakfast room area where service is as good as any good restaurant.
The historical hotel shows signs of aging well in leather-bound books containing centuries of old guest registers with signatures of visitors over the time and there to be perused and signed by current guests. We were greeted with a fruit basket, plates and knives which stayed with us during our weeklong stay until we finished every good morsel. Refrigerator is too small for a quart of water or bottle of wine of your own
Rooms are varied. Check yours before saying it is OK. Ours was wonderfully spacious, but we were next to the elevator and the shower with a tiny glass enclosure literally emptied into the bidet room.. The toilet room was located across the entire very spacious room.
The cab from the train station refused to go into the street to deliver us (after 3:00 pm) but came to the front door as called by the hotel when we left (10 am).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bechi Family is happy to welcome you to the site of the Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci to discover this charming hotel which is located in two Renaissance palaces, the Palazzo Minerbetti and the Palazzo Strozzi del Poeta, on one of Florence’s most elegant shopping streets and close to the monuments which have made this city famous the world over. The Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci with its heirloom furnishings, refined elegance and modern comforts is a charming and enchanting location on Florence’s most elegant shopping street, the Via de’ Tornabuoni. The hotel consists of two Renaissance palaces, the Palazzo Minerbetti and the Palazzo Strozzi del Poeta, two unique buildings in the heart of Florence’s artistic and historical centre, close to the Ponte Vecchio bridge, the Uffizi Art Gallery and the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore with Brunelleschi’s famous dome and Giotto’s belfry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beacci Tornabuoni Hotel Florence
- Beacci Tornabuoni Florence