“Great Location, Very Friendly”
Review of Hotel Alessandra

Hotel Alessandra
Ranked #38 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed January 11, 2011

This hotel was a pleasant place to stay during my trip through Italy. The room was charming and the location was unbeatable. The free WiFi was also greatly appreciated. The front desk was incredibly friendly and very welcoming.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2011

Dear Guest,
We are very happy you had good time with us and you enjoyed our hospitality and not only the good location. I really hope you will be with us next time you decide to visit our city again.
Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel Alessandra

Reviewed January 11, 2011

The staff was uniformly friendly and efficient, and the hotel was clean, comfortable, and charming. Couldn't ask for a better spot to stay in Florence. The location was outstanding - 5 minutes from the Uffizi and Piazza Signoria, less then 10 to the Duomo, and the Ponte Vecchio is just around the corner. Would definitely go back there.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guess
I'm very happy to read your enthusiastic review, I'm sure you will be back and we will be at your disposal to make your stay again a pleasantg one!
Best regards

Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed here many years ago and were happy to return. The staff are extremely helpful with suggestions and dining options, and the location is hard to beat - just a few minutes from the Ponte Vecchio, Duomo , and all the shopping streets.

Each night we asked for dining suggestions after checking Trip Advisor, and we were given perfect recommendations, along with the concierge phoning through a booking for us (essential). All the staff we dealt with were very helpful with good to excellent English. They're also very tolerant of guests who like to speak Italian...

I couldn't think of a better stay in Florence, and I've visited 8 times in 25 years at a variety of hotels. Next visit will also be at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I travel a lot and am typically easy to please. That's probably why I've never written a Tripadvisor review. However, my stay at this hotel compels me to do so. I spent a week on a food tour in Tuscany, and decided to stay an extra night in Florence on my way home. I did a lot of research about places to stay overnight, and was blown away by the reviews of the Hotel Alessandra, so I booked with confidence. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone during the 24 hours i was there -- nearly EVERYTHING was far below par, completely different than all the stellar reviews and what is represented here on Tripadvisor and on the facility's web site. First of all, the photos on the hotel's site are NOT representative of what I saw. No fresh flowers around, no lovely artwork, no nice bedspread or lovely furniture in my room or in any of the common spaces. None of the staff that I saw had on any type of uniform or professional clothing. Honestly, it felt more like a low-budget hostel. It was not bright and airy as depicted in the photos, but dim and worn-down looking and feeling. Breakfast was not good -- I saw no evidence at all of the fresh cappuccinos so many here mention. Off-brand yogurts, canned/jarred fruit, etc. -- in a country with such fabulous, fresh food this breakfast was definitely a big disappointment. The only things I experienced that were as others have said here were the good front-desk service (friendliness, helpfulness) and the great location. Truly, I have to wonder if the hotel management has asked friends and family to post great, not-representative reviews. I would never stay here again.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
12  Thank pegeen33
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2011

Dear Guest,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. We are always glad to hear from our guests. Both positive and negative comments enable us to align our services better with the wishes of our guests.
Our sincere apologies that it didn’t meet your expectations but we think that reading reviews about us you have the idea of coming in our Family runned Hotel. You say you are a frequent travel easy to please but it looks you were expect something different coming to stay with us, including all uniformed staff. I’m really surprised you didn’t have our Smiling Cappuccino since most of our guess wish to enjoy it in the morning. Is enough to ask at the staff working in the breakfast room since is not available in the buffet. We provide fresh cappuccino (and even more than one) requesting it to our staff. We will improve our photo gallery but we think there are already a good number on this site to be able to have a personal impression about us.

I’m glad to see that at least the friendliness & helpfulness of the staff has been recognized. Lastly we do not ask friends or Family member to rate the hotel and we are sorry you may think this. We would be happy if you will give us another opportunity to stay with us. Kind regards,

Reviewed December 30, 2010

I stayed here at the end of November for three nights. I was in Florence to run the Florence Marathon and so a hotel that was central was extremely important. On the day of the Marathon I had to be up very early (before breakfast was served) but they opened the breakfast room early that day to allow me to use the facilities. The staff were very friendly and gave advice on how to get around the city. The room was clean and a good size and was perfect for what I required ie a comfy quite place to rest before and after the race. I would reccommend this place to anyone going to Florence.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Marvo_innit
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you for your kinds words about Hotel Alessandra, is great to read that we met your needs and co-operate to help you making a good performance for your Marathon! We are always happy to see when our efforts are noticed
See you next time may be for next edition of Florence Marathon.

Reviewed December 4, 2010

the hotel was a gem.the location was great. a short cab ride from the train station. 1 block from the arno and 3 blocks from the uffizi museum. the room was quite large and very comfortable, and the staff was uncredible. they certainly went out of their way to make sure we had a good time. the suggestions for restaurants was great and they made reservations for walking tours, and day trips. this is the best service ive had since i moved out of my folks house.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dancer32
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2010

Dear Guest,
Fantastic, thank you so much for these compliments! Service is very important to US, There is nothing more to say or ad then; we hope to meet you again at Hotel Alessandra in Florence.

Reviewed December 1, 2010

The staff is really what makes this hotel so amazing. They recommended wonderful restaurants and bars and were so friendly. Once we called from Siena and they made reservations for us. Every time we talked to them we left laughing and smiling. The hotel is located very close to the Ponte Vecchio which is a great location. The room and bathroom were a nice size. Our room had a few bugs when we left the window open overnight. Every morning they had breakfast prepared in a dining room. The breakfast was good and had quite a few options. Overall we loved the staff and the hotel. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alex1liz

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind & positive review! Great that you will visit Hotel Alessandra in Florence again in the future. We are looking forward to it!