“A little gem in Florence”
Review of Hotel Alessandra

Hotel Alessandra
Ranked #40 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 24, 2010

I am a single mom who traveled with her child (8 at the time). The hotel was very clean, the staff were welcoming, helpful with finding restaurant suggestions (particularly Monti) as well as organizing tours. We opted for one of the cooking classes offered through the hotel and it was a great experience. Much of the city center is walkable and Hotel Alessandra was convenient to all of it. The staff was very accomodating with personal requests. SOme of the reviews mention walking up a flight of stairs to get to the elevator to take you to the lobby - this is accurate. The hotel staff will help you with your bags if you need it though.

• Stayed: April 2010

Reviewed April 22, 2010

Universally positive: really helpful, friendly staff, great value, amazing location and a really characterful building with comfortable beds. Breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I'm a student studying abroad in Florence for the spring semester in 2010. My family came to visit me and we had no idea what hotel they should stay at. My mom found Hotel Alessandra on Trip Advisor and she asked me to stop by and make a reservation for them. When I walked in the staff was so friendly and spoke perfect english which helped me a ton. They showed me different rooms that my parents and sister could stay in and I picked the one I wanted to reserve. The location was fabulous, so close to the ponte vecchio and the heart of Florence. When my family arrived they were fabulous, helping us pick restaurants and figure out how to get to the soccer stadium. My parents loved staying there and the staff truly made them feel at home. When my family was leaving they even told me that I could come to them if I ever needed anything, since I still had 2 months left in Florence. I recommend this hotel to anyone. It was very clean, easy to get to, and just the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I just spent four nights at the Hotel Alessandra. I was fortunate to get a special (four nights for the price of three). Hotel is an easy fifteen-minute walk from the train station. Though it is in the main tourist hub of Florence, it still gave off a nice calmness. Rooms are decently furnished. Book a room with a partial view of the Arno; it's well-worth the extra cost.

Andrae and Monty at the front desk are the main reason to stay at the hotel. Practically everything they recommended was most entertaining and satisfying, from day trips to museum reservations, off-the-map restaurants and laundry services.

Breakfast was a dismal experience for me. Your typical Italian Tang-like orange juice, hard bread, toast, yogurt, slices of ham and cheese. This is a two-star and it shows in the breakfast offerings.

Though wi-fi Internet services are complimentary, it can be dreadfully slow.

I'd come back to this hotel again if I were to return to Florence. Kudos to an energetic team!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank onebigepicurean
Reviewed April 11, 2010

The staff here was absolutely fantastic. They went out of their way to make sure our stay was comfortable. The breakfast buffet in the morning was impressive, also. The location of Hotel Alessandra is ideal, too. It is less than five minutes from Ponte Vecchio and the Uffizi, about five minutes from the Duomo, and about ten minutes from the Accademia. We had two complaints about this hotel: the cleanliness was not consistent (there were crumbs on the floor when we arrived, and the bathrooms did not appear to have been cleaned) and the walls were very thin (we could hear other guests' conversations). We did notify the staff of these two issues (after we left), and they were very apologetic. The owners (mother and son) were charming and extremely friendly and helpful. In addition, the room was very large (compared to the others in which we stayed in Italy) and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2010

We asked for a room with a view of the Arno River. Our room was very quiet and comfortable. The hotel is in a great central location. The staff are
very helpful, pleasant and professional, particularly the funny delightful Monti, who's been working for this family operated hotel for 20 years. Adequate continental breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2010

The Hotel Allessandra is centrally located near the Arno, the Duomo, Uffizzi, and reasonably-priced restaurants. Be prepared to climb a few stairs, but the staff were awesome and helped us with our luggage once we got up to the hotel level of the building. The desk staff spoke English and helped guide us whenever we asked. Our room was clean with high ceilings and a view over Florence's rooftops. The bathroom was beautiful marble. Breakfast was just fine, and the people we met were friendly. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends