“Amazing service and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Alessandra

Hotel Alessandra
Ranked #35 of 421 Hotels in Florence
New York, NY
“Amazing service and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here for three nights and was so glad I did. Location is excellent. Near most major attractions. Easy walking distance from the Santa Maria Novella Station. Streets are very narrow in Florence, so the smaller amount of luggage you can bring, the better. This is also helpful when you arrive at the hotel. You have to go up many steps before getting to a small elevator. I only used the elevator upon arrival and departure. There is a reception area immediately after you enter the hotel. The owner and his staff were amazing. All speak excellent English and really knew how to provide great service. They went beyond the call of duty to assist.
I booked a room with a separate private bath. They were great. The room was large, though a bit dark. The window opened. There was a king bed and a desk & chair, a good sized closet and a sink in the room. Next door was a separate, large bathroom that was solely my own. Inside a large tub with shower, another sink and toilet. It took me awhile to master the keys going from my room to the bathroom, but it was no problem.
Each morning a good breakfast was served in a sunny room near reception. Excellent warm croissants and a good choice of other foods. The breakfast staff was always helpful.
The hotel also recently added a terrace that provides a nice view of the Arno. I sat there one day as the sun went down enjoying the weather and the view.
This hotel was charming, a great value and provided a very friendly, helpful staff. I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Florence has very narrow streets. Don't bring a lot with you in terms of luggage.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
This is an essay, not a review! It is so great for us to hear your feedback in so much detail, and we really do appreciate the time you all take the write these reviews (as we are sure other tripadvisor users are too!).

So happy it worked for you - and like yout tip about travelling light. We agree!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I spent five nights at Hotel Alessandra, and really, we can heartily recommend it further if you are planning a trip to Florence. The room was nice and clean, as well as a toilet and a separate shower room had just been renovated. The breakfast was delicious and the service as a whole commendable. If ever we return to Florence then this hotel is a solid choice. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
And thank you for staying with us! We’re so glad you appreciated our new renovations (you should have seen the dust!) and thought our service and breakfast were great as well! Hopefully you’ll come back and stay with us before we’re forced to renovate this old 500 year old building again!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband ,son and I stayed for 3 nights at Hotel Alessandra and we enjoyed every minute.
The location was perfect, and the staff were very attentive. The building is very well looked after and we enjoyed the stair climb as it helped us work off some of the calories from all the amzing food we ate.
Breakfast was servced in a very quaint room and it was well mainatined and a great way to start the day.
We would stay again. Thank you Anna and your son and all the other fantastci stafffor making our stay memorable
The roof top patio was also a nice getaway - for sipping wine and reading a good book .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
AndreaGennarini, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
You understood the added value of our stairs! Basically it means you can eat as many icecreams as you want!

Delighted that you all three had a good stay in Florence and that we could be part of that experience.
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

From previous reviews, emails with the owners and the fact, my granddaughter's name is Alessandra, I had been looking forward to my stay here beginning March 19 for 8 nights. It is everything everyone says and more. Andrea arranged for my day tour to Siena, wine country and the highlight of my trip, cooking classes at "InTavola," a brief walk across the river. I loved every minute from my morning cappuccino with the smiley face, wine up on the new small roof top terrace, the location and the great shopping advice to purchase a small gold heart at the best price for my granddaughter. Andrea's mother referred me to where she purchases her jewelry where I paid half what other jewelers on the Ponte Vecchio were asking. Monti the weekend and night person was so sweet. Also, I was traveling solo for the first time and felt perfectly safe in this location and really, throughout Florence. I cannot wait until I return in 2 years!

Room Tip: My single room faced a wall, but I didn't care!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
And we can only say that your granddaughter has an absolutely perfect name! Nothing makes us feel so good as when single travellers say how safe and cosy they feel when staying with us - we really take that as a big compliment.

The countdown is on for your return in two years - looking forward to it already!
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I wish I could give this hotel six stars. It was wonderful. The location is perfect, right in the old town a quick walk from most of Florence's amazing sights. The hotel is run with efficiency and care. The family running the hotel provides warm hospitality and a quality experience. Our room was freshly renovated, spotless, and comfortable. The delicious breakfast is efficiently and seriously run by a nice woman who offers hot drinks made to order and keeps the buffet ship-shape. They have a small terrace with a view of the river and a bell tower; they offer cold beverages for a reasonable price that you can bring to the terrace. The hotel seems to be run with the comfort and enjoyment of the guests as top priority. I hope we can stay here again soon!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Well we hope so too! Yes, you are right. If we can make our guests feel good, then we are satisfied too and work becomes a pleasure instead of a chore. And that makes for a motivated team! So happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 4 days at this hotel in March. We had a very large room overlooking the river Arno and the neighbouring bell tower. The bathroom had been recently renovated and although needing towel rails, it was well appointed
The staff are lovely, warm and welcoming. The breakfasts were also very good and special mention needs to be made of the croissants which were the best I have ever had.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Towel rails (and a couple of other left-over details) coming up as we speak! If you follow our facebook page, you will know we totally traumatised ourselves with FIVE new bathrooms this winter, plus some other major rennonvations, and there are always some details to finish off. But we are well and truly done now! Glad you loved it, and the loved the bell tower too!
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Myself, my friend and her daughter spent 4 nights at Hotel Alessandra beginning on March 13. I really can't add much to past reviews because they are all true. Everything is close by within walking distance. Andrea is a gem and Monti is an asset and lots of fun to boot! Wonderful service by all from restaurant reservations and recommendations to where to buy items.
I'll be staying there whenever I visit Florence and I'll recommend the hotel to anyone who asks without hesitation. Charlies' Angels salute you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
We LOVE our Charlie's Angels! Fab having you to stay. Thanks so much for taking the time to write this. Come back one day and we can do it all over again!