We stayed at Hotel Alessandra for 4 nights, during our trip to Italy. Overall, the experience was a good one, although there are some pros and cons.
- Excellent location - The hotel is a few blocks from the Ponte Vecchio and is an easy walk to the Uffizi, Duomo, and other major sites. The location was perfect for us. We even walked to the hotel from the train station (about 10 minute walk)
- Clean, spacious room - This was one of the largest rooms we stayed in during our trip to Italy and Germany and the hotel was very clean.
- Friendly staff - The staff was very courteous and helpful. They offered suggestions about where to find a laundromat and helped me make a call to a local tour company.
- Tasty breakfast - They offered a complimentary breakfast, including great pastries.
- Reasonably priced
- You must walk up quite a few stairs (about 1 flight) even before getting to an elevator. If you have difficulty with stairs or extremely heavy luggage, this could be a problem for you.
- Noisy room - This may not be a problem in most of the rooms, since ours seemed to be off a side hallway away from many of the other rooms, but ours was quite noisy. We stayed in room #24 on the side of the building overlooking an alleyway. The noise seemed to be coming from some sort of restaurant outside (although we couldn't get a good look). Overall, we had a good experience with the room, but the noise was a negative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our family run hotel is right in the heart of Florence old town - near to the Uffizi Gallery and Ponte Vecchio. Without doubt, Hotel Alessandra is one of the most centrally located hotels in Florence. In this privileged position, Hotel Alessandra offers a home away from home, with our friendly team and extensive knowledge of the local area. The hotel entrance is situated on the second floor of the building. You can reach the reception floor using the lift, small but working fine (in the 1400s buildings hadn't been designed with this in mind!) But please note that there are around 30 steps from the entrance on the street level to the departure of the lift. We very much look forward to seeing you! Andrea and Anna ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Alessandra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.