“Great choice of Hotel, with great service”
Review of Hotel Alessandra

Hotel Alessandra
Ranked #38 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3N in August in a room with a shared bathroom arrangement. This was the first time we were experimenting with this sort of an arrangement and I must say that there was no cause for any complains.
The Hotel is a short taxi ride away from the Train station. It is actually a 101-2 minute walk away, but it is better to take a taxi if you are with bags. The cobble stoned streets of Florence are not too kind on the bag wheels. There is a small elevator to take you to the hotel lobby level (2nd floor), but you will have to climb one floor on your own, without the elevator. Not such a big deal actually, and looks like the norm across smaller hotels in Europe.
We were met by Monti at the front desk and he was an absolute delight. He explained the town's layout to us and also suggested some good eating places.
The room was really big with nice large windows and a comfortable bed. The Breakfast was arranged in the mornings in a room and the spread was not too large, but delicious. The hotel is in a narrow lane and around 5 minutes walking distance from the Duomo and around 2 minutes from the Uffizzi gallery. Would definitely love to stay here again if we visit the lovely city of Florence again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KetanMohile
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Goodness - we are going to take your 101/2 minute walk from the station as a 10 /12 minute walk! An hour and forty minutes only if you stop in EVERY ice cream parlour on the way! Glad we were good for you - and hopefully we will see you on a return visit.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here for one week and found Hotel Alessandra to be the perfect choice for me. It is in the center of city, but on a quiet side street. I was able to walk to the train station, the conference center, and the museums. I never heard any noise at night. My room (a single) was small, but well proportioned and attractively furnished. The furnishings were not luxurious, but were comfortable. The wireless internet connection was strong in my room. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, especially exuberant Monti. The breakfast was good, with cappuccino or expresso available on request. If you have trouble with stairs, be aware that there are about 20 steps to go up before you get to the elevator. But if you don't mind a few stairs and aren't looking for five star luxury items, I highly recommend this hotel and would certainly hope to stay there again if I return to Florence.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

"exuberant Monti" - this made us laugh! He is a character, and a loud one, with lots of "right on" local information. You were too kind in your estimation of the steps to the lift - more 30 than 20, but every single step is especially designed for maximum fat-burning, so you are always allowed a big dish of past each day! Thank you so much for your comments!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We just returned home from Florence where we had the Baccio suite booked for 5 nights. The room was fantastic, a separate living area, very large bedroom, huge bathroom, and quaint private terrace. There are also two large windows with great views of the Bell tower and the Arno river. We were greeted by Andrea who brought our bags up for us and got us checked in. He is so very helpful and kind and offered us many helpful suggestions for sightseeing and also made us dinner reservations. He gave us tips on where to go and where to stay away from. He also went out of his way to help us print our boarding passes, all during a very busy time at the reception desk. We always felt like we were very important and that he wanted to ensure our stay was perfect. We have travelled a lot and I don't think I have had level of service so thank you!!! We also loved Monti although he was not working much when we were there but what a character, and the kind lady at the desk (sorry I did not get her name). I would not consider staying anywhere else in Florence. This family run hotel is in a perfect location and the pride that the staff take to ensure your stay is perfect is second to none.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Vegabird

Anna is the lady at the desk (my mother) and she has been doing this for a long time. She has drilled us all in the importance of making everyone important, and we think we have learned! Our staff are truly wonderful and we so appreciate their input (including crazy and infamous Monti!). Glad it worked for you - do come back.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great location near Ponte Vecchio but nestled on a quiet street so I never heard any of the bustle. Also walkable distance to the train station (huge plus!). My room was small but more than sufficient for my solo travels. And Monte was an absolute delight :)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RyanMN
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Wonderful - we are so pleased that it worked for you! Come back soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We checked out yesterday from Hotel Alessandra and felt compelled to write a review as our way of saying thank you for a perfect stay.

The hotel is ideally located to all the major sights in Florence, the Ufuzzi is less than 5 minutes walk and the Duomo not much further. We booked the Junior Suite which meant we had one of the bigger rooms with our own bathroom. Entrance into the hotel does involve a couple of flights of stairs but it was no big deal and with the welcoming smile you get on arrival you soon forget about lugging a suitcase.

The overriding memory for us during our stay was the staff. Monti is just delightful and all the other staff we met were the same. In larger chain hotels you sometimes feel like you're just another guest but at Alessandra you're made to feel truly welcome. Monti was knowledgable about places to eat out whatever your budget and always had a smile when you left or arrived back at the hotel and he clearly enjoys his job.

Our room was clean and functional with a very traditional look and feel. The bed was very comfortable and we found it quite amusing to be woken up at 9am by the bell tower next to our room just in time for breakfast. Breakfast was fine, nice coffees on request, pastries, cold meats and cereals.

Our room was cleaned daily with towels replaced and the bed turned down. For the modern traveller wi-fi is important and I managed to access the internet via my iPad in my room with no problems.

Hotel Alessandra is well suited to anyone looking to explore Florence and doesn't require a contemporary hotel to stay in. It's in a great location with great staff and is nothing short of perfect.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MartinHughes

Oh how we love detail! It helps us to understand you all so much better. This is a perfect thank you note, and we really do appreciate it.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

From the moment I first emailed Hotel Alessandra to leaving this hotel was fantastic. I booked early and got a great rate for a quadruple room which was a great start. Every question that I asked via email was answered within 24 hours which put my mind at ease to no end.

We arrived via Terravision bus from Pisa into SMN station and got a taxi to the hotel which cost about 11 euro. The journey was not long but we were hesitant to traipse our bags through Florence not knowing where we were going!

We arrived at the Hotel and I have to say that the stairs to the elevator was not as bad as I thought. On booking in, our reception was most welcoming. We were shown to our room (23) which was much bigger than I thought it would be and there was also air conditioning which was needed. We had a huge bed with 2 separate single beds with plenty of space for us all. The beds were extremely comfortable. The bathroom contained a bath, shower, toilet and bidet with plenty of towels which were changed daily. There was also a TV if needed but I could not find any English speaking channels. We were shown to the terrace which was a great little sun trap where you could also see the River.

The breakfast was ideal with a choice of croissants, rolls, hams/cheeses, yogurts, cereals, eggs and toast. On arrival to the breakfast room, we were asked immediately if we wished to have a cappuccino, latte or espresso. There was also hot water to make a cup of tea and also cold drinks (juice/water).

The location of the hotel was perfect. It was literally less than a 5 minute walk to the Ponte Vecchio and to the shops/restaurants.

Checkout was quick and efficient. We decided to walk to the Terravision bus stop which was only a 15 minute walk.

The staff were all extremely helpful and always had a smile. If returning to Florence, I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dancelover
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you! You have no idea how much it means to us and our team to get so much detail back in these reviews, and we understand how much time they steal from your busy lives. So thank you again. Delighted that you enjoyed it.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hotel Alessandra made my stay incredible! Read reviews and decided to take a chance with the stairs- so glad I did. My room was perfect- clean, comfortable and cozy. And as noted in previous reviews, hotel staff helped in every way from time I checked in until AFTER I checked out; left my luggage at hotel on check out day to enjoy rest of afternoon prior to departure. Great advice regarding how to "tackle" Firenza with a very limited, two day stay.
Got stuck in Leather District, so will return very soon to Firenza AND Hotel Alessandra, too!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Amerz1
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

There is never anyone we love so much as someone who calls our town by its name Firenze (you said Firenza, but that's good enough for us!) rather than Florence. Florences exist in Kentucky, Alabama, California, North Carolina, Oregon - all over the show! But there is only one Firenze. And we think it's a bit special. Thank you so much for your review - we love feedback.