“Loved the Alessandra”
Review of Hotel Alessandra

Hotel Alessandra
Ranked #40 of 409 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed April 29, 2008

My family (wife and two children-teenagers) and I stayed at the Hotel Alessandra and were treated like royalty. The Hotel was spotless and the staff were nothing but accomodating and were willing to assist in anyway with sites throughout Florence.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
AndreaGennarini, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Glad we could help you! It's what we're here for! Hopefully you'll come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed April 29, 2008

The hotel and room was very clean and the coffee very good. It felt Italian with no fuss. The staff were friendly and helpful. It was near all the main tourist sites and near a bus stop to the station. A good price considering its position.

Stayed: April 2008
Hotel-Alessandra, Manager/ownership at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2008

Thanks for your review!
I am glad you keep a nice souvenir from your stay with us and appreciated the cleanness of your room and the Hotel. A special thank from all the member of our staff. Hopefully we will have an opportunity to welcome you again

Kind Regards

Andrea Gennarini

Reviewed April 28, 2008

The Hotel Alessandra was one of the great highlights of our trip to Italy. The hotels is in a perfect location and the room was very spacious.

Specifically, the staff was very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make us feel at home. Andrea was perfect in helping with our dinner and musuem reservations.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

We're glad our staff was helpful and our location was to your liking! Thanks for your review!

Reviewed April 27, 2008

Hotel had been recommended in Rough Guide to Tuscany & Umbria. We booked on-line through Booking.com, but unfortunately, due to short notice, were unable to secure 4 nights at the Alessandra, and had to make do with just one. This was a great pity as the hotel was excellent. Standard of the room, its ideal location for exploring Florence and the welcome and help given by all staff were all first class. We will fully recommend this hotel to all who wish to have a stay in Florence. Based on our experience, you will not be disappointed.
Davisd & Sara Pratt, Kent, England

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

What a shame! We often fill up during peak traveling seasons, so next time be sure to call us ahead of time so that you can stay with us for your full stay in Florence! We'd certainly love to have you back!

Reviewed April 26, 2008

I found the Hotel Alessandra in Rick Steves' travel book and
could not have been more pleased with the recommendation.
As I was traveling alone, location and security were most important. The hotel is in the best part of town, in my opinion; a block or two from the Ponte Vecchio and the Piazza della Signoria and close enough to the Ponte Santa Trinita that one can traverse the Arno easily when the crowds are unmanageable on the Ponte Vecchio.
There was very little street noise which I had had a problem with, in Florence, in the past.
The staff went out of their way to meet my needs ,and then some, with suggestions that I had not thought to do.
The hotel offers the best, hot shower that I have had in Florence and the room was spacious and comfortable. The sitting room and breakfast room were totally charming-I felt as if I were in a very well-appointed residence.
I would definitely recommend the Hotel Alessandra and will most certainly stay there when I again visit Florence.

Stayed: March 2008

Lucky you, getting to spend a month in Italy! We're glad you were comfortable here and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 26, 2008

Hotel Alessandra does not disappoint. Located on a quaint street of residences and local shops, the hotel is very close to the Ponte Vecchio and very short walk to the Piazza della Signoria, the Uffizi Gallery, and the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore (Duomo). From the street your enter an large set of doors and take a short set of stairs to a very small elevator that can take you the rest of the way to the entrance. Of course, you can take the stairs all the way up.

The rooms are comfortable and well appointed though certainly not luxurious. Wireless Internet access is available but the pricing is for 30 minute blocks of time and not for unlimited use. Laundry service is also available but it is very expensive (even more expensive than you would expect).

There is a selection of rooms such as those with full bathrooms to smaller ones, where I stayed, that had its own sink but shared one of two public bathrooms with showers. I never had to wait to use the shower or restroom but the hotel wasn’t full during my stay so I don;’t know if this is an issue a peak time. Nevertheless, my room was a comfortable place to relax and enjoy some downtime. The hotel also feature a guest lounge with books, games, and a TV.

The reception staff is english speaking and very friendly. They were instrumental in making our stay in Florence a great one. They help use navigate, make reservations, and recommended some great city excursions just outside the main part of the city. With their help we enjoyed two wonderful days exploring the outlying areas around Florence including Fiesole and San Gaggio (via the Boboli Garden).

Breakfast is served each morning it the guest kitchen and is typical Italian B&B fair. Pastries, bread, coffee or espresso, yogurts, meats and cheese. All very good. Certainly all you need for a nice start to your day.

For a truly local experience I would also offer a couple of quick recommendations. The small family restaurants and delis in Florence are the best places to eat. Stay away from restaurants and bars on the main street and plazas. These places are designed for tourists. They are expressive with food that is average at best.

For dinner try Il Che C'è C'è (Via Magalotti 11/r, S. Croce, Tel. [--]). This family run local restaurant is closed Monday and only open for dinner in the evening. But the food and experience are well worth the effort to find the little trattoria. Mama greats the guests, Papa mans the stoves, and friends and family fill this small restaurant with great ambiance. Outstanding local fare and a great experience for half the price of a tourist spot!

Across the street and a couple doors down from the hotel is a little deli and meat shop called Gastronomia di g. tassini. My wife and I stumbled in here just to explore the local delicacies and ended up having our best lunch in Florence for only 5 euros! We selected a local bow tie past with sun dries tomatoes and some deli meats from the case. Served hot with some sparkling water we stood at the little table and enjoyed our delicious find. Trust me, this was much better than reheated tourist fare available just a block away at four times the price.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sabos93

We truly appreciate that you took the time to write us this review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay in our little hotel as much as you enjoyed Florence!

Reviewed April 22, 2008

I've just returned from a three night stay in Florence.
The Hotel Alessandra is a small, personal, family-run hotel that offers a four-star location at 1/4 of the price. The furniture is an eclectic mix of old and new, but everything is spotless. Every effort was made to make my stay pleasant -- smiles in the morning and evening, from check-in to check-out. ( I was even given a triple for the same price as the single I had booked! )
I would be happy to stay there anytime I'm lucky enough to be in Florence.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk

We're glad you agree about our excellent service and location! Hopefully you'll get the chance to return to Florence and stay with us again!