Hotel Alessandra
$229
$311
$288
  • Restaurant
Corte dei Medici(Florence)(Great Value!)
$166
$244
$229
Orbitz.com
1,798 results
All reviewsponte vecchiosmiley facesmall elevatorbell towerquiet streetflights of stairsview of the riverperfect locationtrain stationstay there againuffizi galleryyogurtheavy luggagehotel is locatedside streetgelatorestaurant recommendations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Why this man is working the evening shift at a modest hotel in Florence is a mystery to me. Maybe he is the owner ? Now to review the other aspects of this hotel. The room was just the right size, neither large nor small. There was a nice writing desk that I used. A very unique and useful master switch for the room electric. Use the key to open the door, then put the key into a socket inside of the door to activate the lights etc. Everything was Very clean, I only notice cleanliness if a room is dirty or very clean, salute to the housekeepers. As quiet as an Italian building can be as they all have ceramic floors and masonry walls & ceilings. The only negative was that the hotel began on the third floor of the building. I saw this often in Italy; hotels start on the 2nd or 3rd floor of a building and the elevators start at the 1st or 2nd flight of steps. So this negative is probably not considered so by Italians as this seems to be very common. The location is excellent, a short walk to all of the major sites in Florence. They had a really nice perk that I have not seen anywhere else; they give guests up to 10 minutes of calling to home on a special phone. What do I mean by a special phone ?? I mean a phone that WORKS. If you have not been to Italy yet, be prepared for a phone system that is a little better than two cans with a tight string tied between them. When I was checking out, the day manager told me that I could return later in the day to use my ten minutes as he remembered that I got the answering machine on both of my attempts. So, the day manager is just as professional and courteous as Monti but Monti has that type of personality that makes you smile when you talk with him. The price at 75 Euro was on the low side of the hotels I inquired with and the comp breakfast was the best of any I had during my 20 day visit to Italy.

Room Tip: I was happy with my room that was on the same floor as the reception desk.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Greg B
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Monti is the best - and he is a prized member of our staff, along with all the others (some clean really well, some have great personalities and some go out of their way to help guests - we highly value each and every one).

Yes, we do offer our guests a free 10 minute call to their home country each day; we think it's a nice touch, and note that it is much appreciated.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay (even with the stairs - we talk about them a lot on our site and on our facebook page - we keep it no secret!) Come back again one day - we would love to see you.

Kind regards - Andrea Gennarini; courteous day manager AND owner :-) !!!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here in November whilst visiting my daughter who was working in Florence. This was my second visit in a a matter of weeks. The first time we stayed in Hortel David - nice but I preferred Hotel Alessandra. The location is wonderful, central for all the sights and plenty of good restaurants within a stones throw. We stayed in a Junior Suite which was spacious and comfortable. The staff were welcoming and helpful and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank millie217

We are delighted, and really hope to have you come visit again. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Kind regards - Andre Gennarini

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights at year end, in what seemed a very busy period for Florence. The hotel has some VERY strong points going for it - namely its location and especially the service provided by its owners and employees. Regarding the rooms: we stayed in a "junior suite" which was a very large room, modestly decorated but don't expect luxury (as it is already stated in the hotel's site). Everything was working, with a good bed and mattress for a good night's sleep. The room was warm during the very cold nights in Florence.
The area however this hotel excels is its people and service - they were all (special thanks to Monti) fantastic, caring and attentive. The suggestions for dinner excellent!
As a final point, but maybe very important for some, the hotel enjoys very good Wi-Fi system! When in Florence, we will definitely stay there again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sotiris T

You sir, said it better than we ever could. You have understood us perfectly. Thank you!

Kind regards - Andre Gennarini

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is the most wonderful place to stay in the heart of a most beautiful city. I really felt like I was able to experience some of the Florence life, culture and heart by staying here. From the wonderful welcome when I arrived from Monti, and his wonderful vivacious manner at all times, to the professionalism and warmth from Andrea & Anna this place is exceptional. And not to forget the wonderful breakfasts and especially the " happy face cappuccino" on offer each morning. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The advice on what to do and the best places to eat was always right on, and everything is in walking distance. I had a single room with a bathroom which was more than comfortable for my needs - I loved the furniture. Internet access was great too. This was perfect for my 6 day stay in Florence in every way. Thanks Andrea and team - as soon as I can get back over from NZ again this is where I will stay!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Karyn B
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

It was wonderful to have you stay with us! We love it when clients stay a little bit longer, and we even get to know you a little bit. Monti just loves everyone instantly within 10 minutes of meeting them! New Zealand is a long way away, so we do hope you can come back one day. Stay in touch via facebook!

Kind regards - Andrea Gennarini

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here during our honeymoon. We were offered the most spectacular suite, with views of the Arno and our own private patio. The service was spectacular and the staff went above and beyond. Breakfast was excellent, and each morning, my cappuccino arrived with a smiley face drawn in cocoa. Location is perfect for exploring this great city. We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SteveHfromAZ

A honeymoon is very very special! Thank you for choosing Hotel Alessandra, and we are already looking forward to that return visit.

Kind regards - Andrea Gennarini