Hotel Alessandra
$340
$332
Priceline
1,806 results
All reviewsponte vecchiosmiley facesmall elevatorbell towerquiet streetflights of stairsview of the riverperfect locationtrain stationstay there againuffizi galleryyogurtheavy luggagehotel is locatedside streetgelatorestaurant recommendations
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at the Alessandra for 2 nights in October. Andrea was a great host, providing recommendations upon request. He also assisted us with making reservations for sightseeing and a cooking class. Our room was very clean and very spacious, with a lovely view. The breakfast offered a nice variety each morning. The location is perfect for walking everywhere in the heart of Florence. When returning to Florence we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Alessandra, Owner at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Wonderful - we very much look forward to that!

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This is such a great find.

Well priced and brilliantly located. But best of all the rooms are large clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and we had a really good bathroom.

Location wise it is also perfect. Close to the train station, river and all the main attractions. Really couldn't find fault with this hotel.

If you are really lucky you will stay here while Monty is working on the front desk, his cheerfulness and energy really enhanced the stay.

• Stayed: October 2012

Hello! Don't ever say "you can't fault this hotel"! We do our very very very extra best, but sometimes even we get it wrong - we are not perfect. Monti says hi! But thank you indeed for your kind words - we do appreciate it!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I came again and I loved it! Thank you Andrea for upgrading my room... with a view, it was fantastic! I think it was the room pictured in your profile. This was my second stay and I was in Firenze for a month going to school, Andrea even helped with my homework upon my return, much appreciated. The room was big, the king size bed was comfortable and I even had a bathtub! The location is superb too for visiting anything you want in the centre. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I will just have to return yet again :) The staff are wonderful, I appreciate being treated like a friend or family member, not just a guest or number. I will always recommend H.A.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor with a view of the Duomo, it was lovely and once I closed the windows/shutters, it blocked out the noise from the street. If you have heavy luggage, just ask for help, they gladly will.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank wildflowers94
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

It was truly our pleasure. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and we look foward to seeing you again very very soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Alessandra in Florence for three days in October. We were a bit worried when we first arrived as we had three suitcases and thought maybe there wasn't an elevator.... but we made it around the first corner, up a few stairs, and found that there was indeed. Once we got up to the second floor and into reception we were no longer worried. The staff were amazingly helpful, the hotel clean and comfortable, and the location superb!

Monty, the staff member that we spent the most time talking to, was truly wonderful. He was knowledgeable, helpful and made us laugh every time we saw him. He made great restaurant and tour recommendations and made sure we were happy and comfortable.

Breakfast included a wide assortment of foods to keep everybody from little kids to jet-lagged travelers happy.

Our room looked out over the river and a lovely church. Don't let the bells worry you, they don't ring all day and night.

I would highly recommend Hotel Alessandra to anyone visiting Florence. It's hard to find such a gem in such a central location for such a great price.

Room Tip: We only saw our room but it was down a few steps and faced out the back of the building, but I'd say it must have been one of the best as the view was perfect.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelpigletCA

Hello - we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time here at the Hotel Alessandra. It is wonderful to receive such direct feedback.

Our stairs do sometimes scare people - but in general we find that everyone makes friends with them. And Monti too - everyone makes friends with Monti!

Our location still amazes us each time we come to work - and as you pointed out many of the rooms have some truly awesome views.

Thank you so much and we look forward to meeting again one day.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

High marks for this hotel. Great value. We had a mini-suite and it was spacious with high ceilings, complete bath, and large window. The staff was exceptional; pleasant, friendly, and quite accommodating. The breakfast area was comfortable and the food good. The location is awesome for walking around and being close to the sites.
One caveat for this hotel; you have to walk up to the third floor to get to it. For those who are older, out-of-shape, or have big bags - beware. PS: there is an elevator from the 2nd floor to the 3rd and beyond. We would definitely return as long as we were in good shape. PS2: I got attacked by mosquitoes at night. Check with the desk, they have plug-in repellents that you can use that will quell them.

Room Tip: we got a mimi-suite with a partial view of the duomo and was quite spacious - you should consider paying the extra cost, we thought it was worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Hotel-Alessandra, Proprietario at Hotel Alessandra, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Yes - Florence (indeed Italy) does suffer from mosquitoes. We do provide plug-in repellents for the rooms, and do advise that in the warmer months guests always use a cream or lotion too. The very long dry summer this yeah means that the little blighters are still around even now!

Our stairs - our very famous stairs; the location for love stories, some very puffy morning greetings between guests, a million incredulous comments "are you serious??", very competitive speed events from the truly fit ... Of course we help guests up and down the stairs with luggage (you can immagine how fit we have become over the years) and we talk lots about our stairs on our facebook page. You are absolutely right, our hotel is not the right place for anyone with mobility problems, weak knees or even who just doesn't like stairs.

We are delighted your enjoyed your time with us.