1,556 results
All reviewsboboli gardenspitti palacerooftop terraceponte vecchiogreat locationsmall elevatorthird floorthe hotel staffyour luggagefamily roomexploring florencewonderful hotelgelatoreception areajunior suitehotel is situatedroom was large
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Been to florence several times and the location (right next to ponte vecchio) is fantastic, but that's where this ends. If it was cheaper than 150eur/night I would still avoid but perhaps not write a scathing review. However, for the cost this is a complete rip off. The pictures are misleading. The "suites" are ok, but they are detached from the hotel (Blue Room is good). The standard rooms are badly lit, bathrooms below average and in a hole. The solo lift is horrible if you have luggage and the hotel is completely inaccessible by car. They offer a private car service to pick your car up from a random location and then return it to you but offer no help as all the roads have access restrictions. The rooftop bar is decent at night but I doubt you'll be spending your evenings on top of a hotel rather than exploring the city especially when you're in the heart of it. The ONLY redeeming feature is the location, but I would definitely NOT go here again, ever.

Room Tip: only the "suites".. blue or purple rooms.. but they are MORE expensive.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fabrizio F, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Restaurant La Scaletta, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Let's start by saying that "Lying will get you nowhere"
The Guests paid 114.00 € (not 150) for the room that they criticized (#30) and 169.00 € for the Blue Suite that they appreciated. In a direct comparison the Suite wins on all fronts because it's a new room and for this reason it's sold with a promotional price.
The Guests that slept in room #30 broke the shower box with their shoulder (maybe that's the reason that will let them think that bathroom was too small) and the morning of the check-out they left the room without advise the reception desk about it. The waiter noticed that immediately and advised the receptionist that spoke with the manager. He decided to don't charge them for it.
That's what happened!
The rest is all true: small lift not so comfortable with bags but the biggest solution for a 15th Century building; Hotel located close to Ponte Vecchio (less than 100 mt), not so easy to reach by car but that's the price one has to pay for choose an Hotel in the heart of Florence; Panoramic terrace, one the most beautiful of all Florence and one of the reason why people choose our Hotel, relax, charming atmosphere and Florence all around you the perfect way to relax yourself after a sightseeing day .... but there are also people that prefer to be out in the street (gustibus non disputandum est).
Hotel La Scaletta is not an Hotel for "everybody"...

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Didn't mean to stay at this hotel but I'm glad I did! Excellent location literally less than 200 meters away from the Ponte Vecchio, close walk to duomo and other center spots. I stayed in a single double room and it was pretty big. Beautiful sky light in the bathroom bigger than most hotels I stayed at. Staff was helpful and not a problem with anything. Only problem is if you stay downstairs your wifi connection isn't great I had to go upstairs to receive service. AMAZING view from the roof restaurant/bar you could see all of florence, better book reservations early if you want a spot! Over all very pleased with stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Another good tribute to our hotel and our staff
...not so much for the wi-fi that we will improve thanks to the suggestions and complaints from customers...

Many thanks

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My reservation was made for La Scaletta but we were put in The Uffizi Guesthouse which is part of the hotel and easily accessed without needing to use the very small elevator or climb many stairs. Our room was spacious and comfortable with an incredibly comfortable mattress and huge bathroom. The Uffizi rooms appear to have been recently renovated and we had an issue of water draining through the ceiling from the air conditioner. The staff of La Scaletta was fabulous...they came immediately and did not rest until the issue was resolved to our satisfaction. And, by the way, the a/c was fantastic---and especially necessary since, during our stay, Florence sweltered under an oppressive heat wave.

We enjoyed a couple of delicious meals up on the amazing roof deck and were treated like family by the warm and friendly staff.The location of La Scaletta is perfect...steps from both the Pitti Palazzo (a must see) and The Ponte Vecchio which conveniently leads to the many wonders of the beautiful city. We can't wait to return and hope there will room for us at La Scaletta when we do. Thanks to the staff for a great visit.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid stairs. ask for the Uffizi Guesthouse.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HonestAssesor
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

I am very sorry for the inconvenience of air conditioning overflowed
But we are glad that you enjoyed our new rooms of the Uffizi Guesthouse. We always work to grow and improve our hotel to have satisfation and customers happy with how they spent their money (in the world, in Italy, in Florence..)
Today, with this global crisis is really needed to "inject confidence" and we need never stop. We live only once ... (on earth)

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at La Scaletta in May 2012 during a month vacation in Italy. It was as absolutely wonderful place to stay and was in a great location.You will not need a car if you choose this location and the streets are so narrow that I would book one when leaving the city or to take the train out of the City. The Ponte Vecchio was about a two minute from the front door and all other major sights were a short walk away. However the Hotel did not feel touristy. The Staff were extremely friendly and professional and were always available to help. The room/bathroom was clean comfortable and the Hotel Terrace and it's view were really something special. WIFI was available at no to all Guests and was easily accessible and if you decided not to travel with a Tablet a Guest computer with Internet was available and free of charge. The Hotel provides a very reasonable breakfast for 7 euros and also provides dinner both of which you can enjoy in the Hotel Dining Room or I would highly recommend to enjoy it on the roof top terrace. There are lots of bakeries, cafes and restaurants right outside your door if you don't want to choose to eat at La Scalletta.. Regarding reviews about the Elevator, yes it is small due to the age of the building and the need to maintain it's historical heritage. The Elevation is quite quick and large enough for both my husband and myself to fit at the same time but we did have to ride solo with our luggage; This only took a couple of minutes.. Don't let this prevent you from staying here, it truly is not an issue. Florence is an amazing place to stay and this Hotel truly captures the wonderful feel of this City. Book and have a wonderful Italian experience.

Room Tip: If stairs are an issue, ask to book a room on the same floor at Reception.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kathy G
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

How!
I want to stay in this hotel!
This is really nice, thanks for choosing us and for such a nice comment to our hotel
"...Florence is an amazing place to stay and this hotel truly captures the wonderful feel of this City...." (this is what I love more)

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed at La Scaletta June of 2012. Nice spacoius room. Air conditioning worked..not always the case. The rooftop dining area has an amazing view of the city, the location is perfect, and the staff was the best we encountered in our three week travel across Europe. Sylvia at the front counter helped me arrange parking ..especially nice after my 115.00 euro ticket in Cinque Terra :)...and also found conditioner for my wife....but my favorite was Christine, who was always ready too grab me a bucket of ice for my evening Gin & Tonic.....thanks..your a dear....We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mlrtyme
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

We are always happy when they say that we work well because everyone wants to feel good going on vacation and returned home thinking he had spent his money well
Many thanks and greetings from Sylvia and Cristina ... to the next Gin Tonic