“Bad experience, wouldn't stay again”
Review of Soulspace

Soulspace
Ranked #1 of 36 Spas & Wellness in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: SOULSPACE Florence Spa & wellness center originates from a wish to offer to Florence an exclusive, regenerating space to find wellness, through an extraordinary sensorial experience, and the pleasure of a moment in time dedicated to the pursuit of that superb harmony of mind and body. Inside the space, a search for excellence: technical skills, beauty, expertise and the most advanced cosmetology, beauty rituals, personalized treatments, premier quality products, welcoming clients with a warm, refined style, attentive to their need.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I thought it might be best to post my experience online to help others avoid the same disappointment.I arrived the day of the appointment not knowing what to expect but having experienced spas throughout the States and Europe.I was immediately disappointed with the quality.The locker room smelled moldy.It was extremely small.
Instead of the usual large and bright showers with a variety of Spa beauty products,the showers were dingy and dark.There was not a single complementary beauty product to be found.
They have a steam and pool but they were not the least bit appealing as there would be no where to cool down after.When I left and entered the lounge it was even colder.They did not provide dry towels as is common.
I asked the service person if infusion was available outside. She shrugged and said, If you likening.
The dirty facilities were not the part that ruined my experience though.
The massage that I got was like a yoga rub down even after asking for a deep tissue experience!!
I would say if your going to spend $130 for an hour massage you could do better,a lot better!
I also understand that Italian customer service is much different from the States.
That said,my experience was bad enough that cultural differences cannot be to blame!

6  Thank Salyanna555

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Soul Space is the WORST Spa experience I have ever had!

It's a beautiful setting.

My practitioner Lisette (I'm not sure if I have remembered it right?) was absolutely lovely. Her massage was a good technique & pressure, and she was really great at explaining where everything was at the spa.

The other practitioner that was on reception when I was leaving was hideous! VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE skills!!!! Totally ruined the experience. I also work in the health & massage area and if I treated my clients the same way I would be out of business.

Maybe it was because my appointment was at the end of the day? Maybe because there was a mis-understanding that they thought my husband had also booked in for a massage, when he hadn't? There was also no record that I had paid a 50 euro deposit when I came in earlier to book... So when I went to pay there was alot of sighing, handwaving, muttering, and one very grumpy face to greet me. I was also aware of this practitioner coming in and out of the room while I was having my massage, turning lights off, and leaving the door/curtain open to the room.

A VERY POOR EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!

6  Thank Tracyann L
Reviewed September 10, 2012

For my GF's and my 1 year anniversary I thought it was a good idea to get us a massage since we've been walking through Rome and Florence for the last 5 days straight. We walked in around noon to make an appointment for that same day. They told us we could come back at 5 and we could begin our massages. I found this place on the fly (no tripadvisor help) and knew that a couples massage was a dumb idea. When you get a massage your supposed to be in a private setting focused on yourself, not the company of your significant other! Yes it was more expensive but TOTALLY worth the money. Between the hour long massage, taking showers before and after the steam room, it was still less than a 100€ (per person). I write this review from my hotel room after strolling tri the streets of Firenze with high spirits, rested muscles and hydrated skin. If you need a rejuvinating jumpstart after your long and travel-centered days then I highly recommend the treatment called "Tranquility Ritual Day Spa." I promise you'll leave a happier person if u do.

3  Thank Mistah-Jay
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I just a fantastic experience here and felt I need to share.First of all,the place is beautiful. I felt good as soon as i came in. Nice music,lovely music and very clean.I arrive a bit early for my appointment and was shown to relaxing area..once my appointment time came around,the esthetician called me for my massage..the massage felt like heaven,the best massage i had.. I will difinitely go back and highly recommend this place for friends who want to splurge a little and give a themselves a treat. If you're looking for a place that will pamper you from start to finish,difinitely go to SOULSPACE! anna kristel "-"

Reviewed March 4, 2012

It's not cheap but the soothing atmosphere and beautiful design are unique to find here in Florence, so if it's the 'spa' atmosphere you want, this is your place. The treatments are not bad either, but I always find they're not quite firm enough with the massages so that by the end I still feel like I need some more work done, so tell them right from the start!