“Possibly the best kabobs in Florence”
Review of Il Faraone

Il Faraone
Ranked #967 of 2,763 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Egyptian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Florence, Italy
“Possibly the best kabobs in Florence”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Hard to find, and when you're on foot, its a little hard to get to, but the people were really nice, and the food was amazing!

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
“Awful.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Oh my oh my. I've never ever in my entire life tasted something so bad. I have no idea why this place is so popular at tripadvisor. Worst kebab I've ever tasted. Please take my tip and avoid this place.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Manofsteel12
Singapore, Singapore
“It's really yummy! ”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This is the best pita we had so far.
It's very tasty and could taste the freshness of the ingredients.
I will love to visit again.

Florence, Italy
“Delicious pita of spicy and wonderful flavors!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I can't believe I lived around the corner from here for two months already and hadn't tried it. Wow. My fiance brought me a kebab from here (at least that's what i think it was) and it was amazing. First, it was wrapped in a perfect crispy pita, rather than the mediocre wrap found so often in the center. The beef/lamb? was thoroughly spiced, with the spiciness muted down by the pillows of feta. There were also vegetables, onions, sauce, fries, and I don't know what else. It was just a beautiful pocket of deliciousness. I would actually take the bus (22/23/57) to come here and get this.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank danceontheedge
Florence, Italy
“The best kebab I've ever tasted!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've eaten kebabs all over the world, I can honestly say, these kebabs are the best. Everything is homemade from the bread to the hummus, babaganush, falafels and the gyros of meat which he marinades on the premises.

There is always a convivial atmosphere as the owner is very friendly and funny. Order "uno fatto bene" or "garantito" and he will know exactly know what you want. He stuffs them full, so for €4 or €5 including a drink, you really get a good filling meal. I try to go there every week. That's how good they are!

• Visited September 2012