“Avoid or be ripped off”
Review of Caffe Maioli

Caffe Maioli
Ranked #88 of 89 Coffee & Tea in Florence
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Pitti
Neighborhood: Pitti
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Unfortunately we've only just seen the bad reviews! We were ripped off here today. Made the mistake of sitting down for a cappucino, all 4.50 euros of it. Wasn't even that good! There is a small price list on the wall above the till (about 7 ft up) on which the prices are quite reasonable, but when it came time to pay was informed that they were take away prices. These people are clearly taking advantage of tourists. AVOID.

1  Thank Rex_Beardsley

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Be careful of how you order! We ordered two gelato cups with three scoops each, and was told it was 15 euro! The scoops were big, but the price was ridiculous for what you got.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Can't comment on the food here but I spent many a summer in Florence and this place has the best gelato hands down. I tried practically every gelateria in the city and not a single one came up to this one. Yes, it was extremely expensive for a tiny amount, but thankfully I was satisfied with said amount and I visited this place over and over again. Again, I do not know the charge for sitting there, I simply picked up my gelato everyday and took a walk down the Ponte Vechhio where this caffe is located, right next to Madova where they make amazing leather gloves.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Made the mistake of walking into this restaurant without looking at the price list, however thinking back we were told by the waiter to look at the counter ,tell him what we wanted and he would bring them to the table, tired hot and exhausted this us what we done, MISTAKE!!! 1 Latte, 1 Iced drink and 2 pieces of average stale cake €26!!This restaurant clearly takes advantage of tired tourists and has no clear price list available! A member of staff approached the table half way through stating the shift had finished and would we like to leave a tip!! Feeling embarrassed we gave a tip. Had we known what the final bill would've been this certainly would not have happened. If you read this before entering the restaurant - AVOID!!!!!!!!

1  Thank AJPNJ
Reviewed July 31, 2013

During all my stay in Florence this was by far my worst experience. The staff was horribly unwelcoming and rude, and didn't even try to speak english. Also, even though the location is comfortable, everything else was just really really bad. Finally, the food and ice cream were just ghastly as well as being extremely overpriced.

1  Thank Molekula2302