Palazzo Ricasoli Residence
$245
$226
Official Hotel Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti(Florence)(Great Value!)
$170
$230
$225
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
The St. Regis Florence(Florence)
$929
$771
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewssmall kitchenettescrambled eggs and baconminute walkhotel roombig roomquiet hotelreception staffstayed for nightsrooms were very cleanwithin easy walking distancebreakfast was delicioustrain stationlaundromatduomotrattorialaundryattractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

For full disclosure, let me first start by saying that I had no intention of staying at this hotel, in the first place. I had booked a trip through a certain European travel website for three Italian cities, and even upgraded the hotels. This was not one I chose for Florence. However, when I got to my hotel of choice, I was told that they had no record of my reservation from my booking company, but would put me in a sister hotel, which was the Palazzo Ricasoli.

It's a bit out of the way, kind of in a quiet part of town, but that's not really their fault. However, what was strange was that they put me in a separate building, which looked nice from the outside, but inside was a concrete shell. The air conditioning did not work, and it was bare bones and very depressing. Nothing appealing about it at all. For a "four star" hotel, you would think that it would be more luxurious than how it is, which is basically an Italian Econo Lodge or Super 8. Then I soon found out that the wireless internet did not work. I went back to the desk and told the woman, who cavalierly said that because it was working on her phone, she did not know (or care?) what the problem was. That's great that it works on your phone, at the reception desk, but how about my room in the other building you put me in? She then gave me an ethernet cable. This did not work either. The only other time I've had a similar experience with an ethernet cable not even working was in sub-Saharan Africa. There it's acceptable. In Florence, Italy, it is not. Meanwhile, I had clients and business to attend to, and could not.

Later on, I went downstairs again - and found an older Indian man working at the desk, and asked him about the internet. He brushed me off and said it works, even though as I was telling him, it did not. In all of the other hotels, my internet worked - and it was turned on. I think I know how it works, so if it's not working, it's your hotel, sir, and not my computer. He spoke down to me in a very condescending tone, and it made me feel like I was back in a college dorm building, not an adult traveler and business owner. I then watched for 20 minutes as he literally yelled at four young travelers, who had booked a room, but were not happy with the accommodations. I believe the hotel had made a mistake with their reservation, and they tried to get him to understand this, but he raised his voice and was shouting over them, until they finally gave up and left.

In addition to this, there were mosquitos in the room, and the bed was entirely too uncomfortable to sleep on. Upon checking out, I encountered the same man as the night before at the reception desk, who was again very nasty. He said that I owed the city tax, and when I politely repeated it to him, as I was handing him my credit card, just to clarify the exact amount, he raised his voice again. "YES SIR! 8!! 8 EUROS!! CITY TAX!!!!" as if I had just insulted his mother. I found it completely inappropriate.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, and like I said, wasn't even my choice of a hotel, but unfortunately, because of my online European travel booking company's mistake, I had really no choice. Stay away!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Steven L
Reviewed July 31, 2013

A beautiful hotel! A little out of the way and the area is not the greatest but the hotel is wonderful! They have excellent breakfasts and the morning cafe is wonderful! There is a laundromat very near by and also a great little pizzeria right behind the hotel! We had a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen, living room and a mini piazza/balcony where you can have morning coffee and evening wine and look out upon the city of Florence.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I liked this hotel and would stay here again if I will return to Florence. It is easy to get from there to the center of Florence and it has a great garden and terrace inside. Staff very friendly and helpful, rooms very comfortable and the atmosphere overall very relaxing.
It is a hotel for all ages, families, friends, young people and elderly people alike. Breakfast is very good, they have all kinds of food and I appreciated that you can take your tea or coffee and drink it on the terrace. Even if we had some trouble with the WiFi and air conditioning, this was not a major drawback.
Overall, I find that it is a great hotel and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andreea M
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here one night and had an early start in the morning. Confusing room numbering. Pleasant dinner, attentive service. Free wifi.
One nice touch was a breakfast pack because of very early departure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RedPCGirl
Reviewed July 21, 2013

It is a one star. The air condioning doesn't work the rooms are beat up. And it's far from town. Kids on tours stay there not adults. Our first room was so small we couldn't open our suitcase. I complained and got a big terrible room. The Internet and air conditioning doesn't work either. The only thing good is their breakfast!

Room Tip: There is not a good room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends