All reviews small kitchenette scrambled eggs and bacon minute walk hotel room plenty of hot water quiet hotel enjoy florence reception staff stayed for nights pastries rooms were very clean nice bathroom gelato within easy walking distance train station breakfast was delicious laundromat
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The hotel where we had a reservation sold our room due to some confirmation issues, but we were delighted when we arrived at Palazzo Ricasoli. It was late on a Friday evening, & everyone was so kind, welcoming, & helpful to us. The setting around the courtyard is very relaxing & eliminates the general confined feeling that you get in a hotel. The room was comfortable with everything we needed. The hotel is well located within walking distance to the city center. We enjoyed every minute of our stay & will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tricia L
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel as part of a Globus tour. It's a converted convent, and has quite a history associated with it. A number of buildings surround a charming courtyard.

Pros:

> This hotel is well-located inside city walls, and is within walking distance to many historic buildings and areas
> There are Lots of restaurants, supermarkets, cafes and shops close by
> My room was large, well appointed and clean
> The wifi was free (the holy grail of the traveller)
> Good breakfast, although the cutlery and tea situation needs addressing - seemed like I was continually looking for things to eat with, rather than eating
> My room was quiet (although other guests said they thought it was noisy)
> There was a porter for my bags
> Very comfortable bed
> Air conditioned

Cons:

> The signal for wifi very weak in rooms
> Very few English channels on TV!
> Teeny tiny lift in my wing - you may need a couple of trips if you have a lot of luggage to bring up!
> No line for washing clothes (not a deal breaker, as I bring my own).

I thought this hotel was justdelightful, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank dileeshus
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were originally supposed to stay at another hotel on our Globus tour but this hotel was substituted for the original one. I’m so glad they made the substitution. The room, although not glamorous, was more like an efficiency apartment with a separate sitting area and a small kitchenette in addition to the bedroom and a beautiful bathroom. The furnishings were nothing special. An added touch was a pair of slippers left for you in the bathroom. The room had a safe. We understand that every room is different, so that might account for some of the bad reviews on Tripadvisor but everyone in our group liked their rooms.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were good and there was free wi-fi. Best of all, the hotel was located within walking distance of the city center. There was a certain charm about this hotel, perhaps the courtyard that made you feel like you were staying in a one-time palace.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Want2travelallaround
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I liked this hotel especially because of the proximity to the city center of Florence. So nice to be able to walk to the Dom or the Ponte Vecchio. I thought the breakfast was very good and the room was fine too.
If I ever come back I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank peonyrose
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It’s the third time the I am staying in this hotel, I think that the positive thing that Ricasoli has to offer over shadow a few thing that they should improve.
The location is nice ,about a ten minutes walk to the center and the main attractions. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. The breakfast is very good. The rooms has a free internet connection.
The main problem that we bumped in was their air-condition system. They had to move us to another room since the air condition in our room was noisy as a tractor ,actually we winded up with a better room but I must say that they were quite slow dealing with the problem.
But at the bottom line we found it as a very nice, reasonably priced and highly recommended hotel. We surely be back

Room Tip: There's a very good restaurant just outside the hotel – Tito
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple