We stayed here on our honeymoon, in "Smerelda" which was a room with beautiful hand-painted frescoes on all the walls and ceilings. The room was excellent, well-appointed and comfortable.
We were amazed at how beautiful this property was, and how quiet and tranquil our stay was. A short-walk to the hustle and bustle of central Florence, the hotel is located right on the other side of the Arno.
The real magic of this all-suite hotel is the preservation of the classic architecture and artifacts of the Palazzo's history. You must tour the entire property, there are hidden gems around every corner!
Breakfast every morning is served in a cute room with an impressive ceiling and chandelier and was high-quality, we've never had fresh mozzarella so creamy and delicious. The terrace has breathtaking views of Florence and we enjoyed sipping wine and relaxing up there.
The hotel is very private too, most of the rooms were occupied but we hardly saw another soul, definitely a benefit of staying in a smaller place.
The staff is delightful, and Emmanuel in particular was outstanding. Emmanuel was the evening bartender, and every night we would purchase a bottle of wine and enjoy it in the lobby area of the hotel. Emmanuel would prepare for us a veritable smorgasbord of Italian snacks. He was so personable and friendly, by the end of the trip we looked forward to going to the lobby just to chat with Emmanuel.
We arranged a cooking class through the hotel which was executed perfectly, they have many different activities available and I recommend booking one through them. They clearly only use the best tour operators and guides.
When we go back to Florence, there is only one place we will stay, we can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni is an historical home that for over five hundred years has been at the centre of Florence's aristocratic life: one of the oldest dwellings in the San Frediano neighbourhood, it has stood as an important symbol of the city's history and its artistic value. The class of this elegant renaissance palace, evident upon entering, finds its maximum expression in the sumptuous suites and the luxurious hospitality quarters, furnished with candelabra, statues, paintings and frescoes form the '500. Each suite reflects the refinement of the Renaissance style, with the subtle combination of comfort and modern technology and decorated with tasteful antique furnishings and materials originating from the owners' ancestors' antique collection. Spanning between 80- and 120-square meters (860- and 1300- square feet) in size, the 13 suites each comprise a large living room, bedroom(s) and master bathroom(s). Each includes all amenities expected of a five-star luxury hotel, including stereo, satellite television in both the living room and bedroom, internet port and self-regulating air conditioning units. An architectural jewel of the 16th century, the Palazzo Magnani Feroni belongs to the National Register of Historical Monuments of the State of Italy. Detail and ornamentation characterises the building throughout, surprising the wanderer with frescoes, vaulted ceilings and intricate wood-carvings. The Renaissance decor prevails in this palace of traditional Florentine lay-out. Breakfast, for instance, is served in a 160-square meter salon with hand-crafted wood ceilings illuminated by a large original Murano chandelier. In the winter evenings, this salon serves as an intimate, candle-lit Bar, accessible to Palazzo guests and their friends only. The same rules are applicable to the adjoining Billiard Room, as well as to the In-House Gym, so as to assure the guests with absolute privacy. The beautiful Roof-Top Terrace offers a breathtaking view of the city and houses the Palazzo Bar as soon as the temperature permits. Providing 24-hour Reception and Service, the Palazzo Magnani Feroni is run by a staff dedicated to meet your every need with efficiency and discretion, both prior, during and following your stay. Services include reservations to exclusive restaurants, recommendations of typical local eateries and trattorias, coordination of privileged entrance to the city's museums, airport / train station pick-up, private shopping tours, visits to the Ferrari Museum and private, chauffeured excursions to the beautiful Chianti valley. Also, Palazzo guests choose from a selection of CDs, DVD films and soap fragrances for their suite, as well as benefit from private Guides to shopping and restaurants off the beaten path, personally written by the owners of the Palazzo for an "insider's view" of Florence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Palazzo Magnani Feroni reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni Florence
- Palazzo Magnani Feroni Hotel Florence